Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 400 used and it came with a Givi windshield, I don't know what model number. I am a short person and look thru the shield and have noted some distorsion. Is this normal or is it related to any cleaning products?

·
Registered
110 Posts
The only place you should experience any distortion is if you are looking thru the upper portion of the shield where it curves away from you. If you are looking thru the curved section you can get the next larger shield and that should fix the problem. If you are getting distortion somewhere other than the curve something else is wrong. :)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Well, to certain degree the GIVI screens are not optical, so when you see through, there will be some little distortion, as @symtastic said, this happens specially in the edges, so try to look above or below that point, I eventually get used to it so give it sometime. I have the AF266 which is known as the Airflow, which has a moveable piece up and down. I think you have have the 266DT

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Cut it down so you can look over it. Looking through the shield can be very dangerous at night or in rain.
I agree with John, and I also agree with Fernandos choice of Givi AF266 windshield.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Givi D266 description from www.twistedthrottle.com

This stylish, well-constructed replacement windscreen features improved height and shape with top-notch quality. Mounts in minutes using stock fasteners. Features clear tint and precision-cut shape. Overall height is 33.1" (840mm), approximately 6.3" (160mm) higher than original windscreen; maximum width is 26.8" (680mm).

Speaking for myself only - I like the fact that I can duck behind the higher windscreen when I get caught in the rain...!! I use NIKWAX VisorProof to shed rain and also Plexus.....to clean. No problems at 5'8" tall.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I cut my shield down so that i can look over it most of the time, but also by just bending forward a little, I can look thru it. Nothing is more frustrating than trying to ride at night in the rain, trying to peer thru a windshield.

·
Administrator
18,744 Posts
I cut my shield down so that i can look over it most of the time, but also by just bending forward a little, I can look thru it. Nothing is more frustrating than trying to ride at night in the rain, trying to peer thru a windshield.
With the SUV's coming head on and with their fog lights on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts