Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I love the look of the short windshield, I think I'll go with a GIVI replacement. The wind pummels my helmet at any speed over 45, and I have no interest in crouching down for extended periods to avoid it. My helmet shield gets covered in bugs. The way the stock windshield funnels air at highway speeds, the wind could strain your neck if you turn your head sideways.

It'll still be red and beautiful!

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Warren, the GIVI provides an awful lot of coverage. Great in the winter, but more than I like for summer. I switch back to the OEM for summer. Might want to put an ad in the classified to see if you can pick up a regular one for summer. For some folks its all they want.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I agree with Ted, GIVI (Clearview if and when available) in the colder months and narrower WS in the summer. A stock one may work. If you want/need a taller summer WS, 1) put a Laminar Lip on a stock WS (my current setup); 2)get a GIVI and cut the side/hand protection area off; 3) wait for a Clearview and order one without the sides. That is my plan. I am just waiting on an estimate of when Clearview (???) is going to actually produce a WS for the 400.

Any one got a used GIVI WS for a 400 for sale?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Windshield

I may not do anything for the rest of the summer. It's starting to get hot in Dallas. I've had surgery in both hands, and with circulation problems, they get cold even at 70 degrees when I ride.

I will have to do something by October. I like the look of the short 'shield' that I think I'll swap into it in the summer, since 90% of my riding is on 45 mph zones.

Thanks for the input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts