Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride a 2007 Burgman 650. I bought it from a private owner who added a larger windshield that also has a vent in it. I love the vent, but windshield itself distorts the view, especially at night. Plus the top is just above my line of sight and that bugs me too. I would like to get a new taller windshield (with a vent if possible) that will give a nice clean, non-distort view of the road when I ride. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I think the windshields with a vent in the middle are the Clearview ones, as far as I know i think those are the only ones with vents, other alternatives maybe the Givi D257ST or get back to stock, if it is too high for you I've seen others cutting few inches off maybe you can consider doing that.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I haven't seen the Clearview for the Burgman but I suspect it is like the others I have seen (and owned). It probably has a compound curve at the top to lift the air over you. From what you are saying about your windscreen and you, I suspect you are looking though the windscreen right at that compound curve thus you are getting distortion caused by that compound curve. You have a couple of choices if this is true. You can cut the windscreen down but you need to realize that you can crack the windscreen while doing so. You can set it aside and buy a different windscreen. OR you can sell this windscreen and buy a different one. The last choice is probably the best as you will generate money from the sale of the windscreen thereby offsetting the cost of the new one somewhat.

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
If you like the vent, are reasonably mechanically included, and just plain stubborn you can install a Gold Wing GL1500 vent (the same as used by Clearview) in an OEM windshield. It takes some patience as the Burgman OEM shield is thicker and a bit different curvature. I did mine 2 years ago and it works great. Cost of the vent was about $30.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions! :thumbup: I am 5'5 and I am definitely looking through the very tip of the windshield. I would rather get a taller one. I like a vent, but I can live without it. My priority is being able to see through the windshield period!Thanks again! :)

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I am the same height and look through the top half of my windscreen too. The problem I have with taller windscreens is that when it rains or fogs up I would much rather look over it than through it. I can currently look over the windscreen if I need to but couldn't if it was any taller.
Being able to see during any and all weather conditions is of the utmost importance to me!:thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts