Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang,

I added a Clearview XL and still have not been happy with the wind protection.

Even though the top lip is about at my nose, I still get nailed in the forehead. The only explanation is that the angle is too low in my opinion, not upright enough.

So, I grabbed two large rubber plumbing washers, and six small ones and got it more upright.

Man, what a difference!

The washers I used on the main frame support are about 3/8" thick, I had to compress them a bit to get the bolts started. I used loctite on the main frame bolts just in case.

The small ones are only about 1/8" thick, I used 3 per side.

Result is windshield appears about an inch or two taller, which still works for me, and it puts the main stream just over my head.

http://home.pacbell.net/wallred/wind_angle.jpg

Now to deal with the turbulence, I think a cutout down low is in order... Hmmmm.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Hey Warren, just where did ya place the washers (just top holes)? According to UPS, I should get my Clearview XXL this Monday and I may try your method. As I've never had my windshield off I really don't what to expect and any help is appreciated. Thanks. :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The big washers go under the mounting bracket (you have to remove 4 allen head screws).

The small ones between the windshield and the bracket.

·
Super Moderator
18,084 Posts
I tipped mine last week, just using 2 hose washers under the bracket. Just did a 200 mile run yesterday, and noticed quit a difference, much better for me @ 6'2" using a GIVI.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts