Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just throwing this out there... does anyone have a stock windscreen (2007+) they might sell? And how much?

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Which one do you have now?

·
Registered
38 Posts
The obvious question is - why?

I found the stock windscreen caused my 400 to be hard to control on the highway. I replaced it with a Cee Bailey after only 300 miles and love it. I am thinking about cutting off the stock screen for a summer windscreen, though.

·
Registered
123 Posts
FredW, what height Cee Baily did you order? I am 5'9" and find the stock screen to short.

·
Registered
38 Posts
i bought the 28 inch standard cut. I am 5' 10" and it is a little short to keep the wind and rain completely off, but I think a little breeze can be a good thing.

I did have the problem with oval holes and has to drill them out a little.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
The obvious question is - why?

I found the stock windscreen caused my 400 to be hard to control on the highway. I replaced it with a Cee Bailey after only 300 miles and love it. I am thinking about cutting off the stock screen for a summer windscreen, though.
Ergos are an individualistic thing. The stock 400 screen works great for me. No stability issues at all.

·
Registered
38 Posts
With a cross wind, my stock windscreen tended to flap around at about 70 mph. It caused me to drift around in the lane a pretty fair amount. I didn't notice it much at anything less than about 70, though.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"The obvious question is - why?"

Becuz I cut my original stock one down about 2 inches and cut off the "wings", to make a rounded profile.

Just want to have a stock one on hand. A Cee Bailey for $200+ represents a lot of gas money to me :)

When you say yours is 28 inches, is that measured on the centerline I assume?

What is the height of the stock one?

·
Registered
38 Posts
yes. The measurement was on the centerline. The stock one is about 26.5 on the centerline, but probably 29 or so at the peaks on the sides.

I would imagine the Cee Bailey or Givi would be cheaper than an OEM new, but a used one of any type would be cheaper.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I have one. Perfect condition. What's a fair price? I'm not looking to get rich, just a fair deal.
Mine is off a 2012 400.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Okay guys, I have a stock windscreen in excellent condition that I took off my 2008 400. It had less than 2800 miles on it. I'll sell it for $75 including shipping. Private message me with your phone number if you're interested. Thanks Mark

·
Registered
56 Posts
I fitted a Givi Touring Screen as soon as I got my Burgie. I'm 6'2 and I still look through the screen. Excellent wind protection and visibility.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Yes I have one, $25 plus actual postage if you're still looking.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts