Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 5'10", 185 lbs. Obviously the stock screen on the 650 isn't cutting it for me. I've read some posts that the Givi wasn't much better for some people, and some posts that Clearview wasn't exactly ideal either. I don't really want to change the aerodynamics of the ride... so I was thinking about the Laminar Lip instead of replacing the stock screen. Supposedly it moves the windstream as much as 6" above where it already is. This would be great for me.

My question: is there anyone who's had experience with different windscreens, including the Laminar Lip? Also, if anyone has the Lip, does it change the ride much?

Thanks to all in advance.

- Chuck

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
chuck807 said:
My question: is there anyone who's had experience with different windscreens, including the Laminar Lip? Also, if anyone has the Lip, does it change the ride much?
Chuck,

There's a ton of information in the forums discussing windshield replacements. Use the search link at the top of the page. Most Givi owners seem to be be happy with the change. I've read a few reports where the rider didn't like them due to the flexing at higher speeds and some optical distortion. The only gripe I've read about the Clearview is it works too well and stops airflow. Most taller riders tend to go with the Clearview because of the sizes available. For a discussion of the Laminar Lip see :

http://burgmanusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=669

1 - 2 of 2 Posts