Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a thought about wind wings. has anybody tried putting a set of wind wings on there burgy, the ones that you'd buy to put on your car. I'm talking about the ones that are placed around the window area, that stick on with self adhesive. I ahve them on my car, been on there for years, so the adhesive seems to hold up good. I'm wondering if there is a size out there that would fit good on a burgman. I'm not sure how one would go about measureing the angle, to know which one would work. I guess you'd have to match up the angle of the burgman with a car that has the same angle around there window. Then buy the wind wings that are made for that make car.
Any Ideas on this?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was figuring that they would go from the floorboard (flat part where your feet set) and angled up.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BillMeek
I'm very interrested in the wind wings from Germany. How would I get ahold of Wayne to find out where he got them?

Thanks

·
Registered
13,278 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
wilder days said:
BillMeek
I'm very interrested in the wind wings from Germany. How would I get ahold of Wayne to find out where he got them?

Thanks
If I'm not mistaken the ones from Germany were a one off custom build project by the owner. I too have Thought about doing exactly what you are considering but I havent started reasearching it yet. I figures I would do it over the winter. You can use an adjustable protractor/ ruler combination to get the angle. They should have a cheap version in the wood working section of your favorite shopping conglomerate store.

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
The Wind wings I got are from Suziki as an option they have in Europe, any of the members over there can get them for you, not very expensive, about $110us i think it cost me. I got them from German Rider, but never seen him on here since last spring. I was going to make a set, but would take a lot of time to do. I had the idea of using the ones that are used on car windows, check the angle of burg and take a pattern to store, if you cant get the right angle, get one a little larger , cut it to fit then crazy glue it together. Thats just an idea, I dont know if it would work or not. :idea: Wayne- Seatec

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Suzuki Japan list the wind wings for the Burgman 400 :

Suzuki Japan does not list them for the Burgman 650.

I did find them for the Burgman 650 on the Suzuki German site. Note - Adobe Acrobat reader REQUIRED for this link :

http://www.suzuki.de/prospekte/zubehoer_burgman_2004.pdf

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Thanks for the link Bill. I don't uderstand Suzuki!!!!!!!! If they already have a product released to Europe then why not release it world wide. I'm going to have to e-mail my contact at Suzuki Canada and see if he can do anything for me.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I did see a few things I like from that German catalog, if only I had a friend over there who could buy the stuff for me and ship that would be great. Can't understand why different parts of the work get different add on why not made them available to all buyer no mater where you are BUMMER.

·
Registered
20 Posts
wind wings

In Germany they are called Wing ledges seateck sent me the information the number for the AN650 is 99ODO-10G00WAB I just bought a pair from a dealer in Germany for under a $100.00 yesterday he sead I would have them in 7 days, e-mail address is [email protected] I all so talked to them on the phone very nice people to deal with. They are made by Suzuki for Suzki and he allso told me that sales for a scooters in Germany are at about 60,000 a year sounds hard to believe but who I'm I. Merry Chrismas Mert :D

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Re: wind wings

mert said:
the number for the AN650 is 99ODO-10G00WAB
I think the part number should be 990D0-10G01WAB.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wind deflectors

Those windeflectors, Bill posted the german link for, are very effective against wind and rain indeed. I have them and wouldn't want to miss them anymore.
One thing to be careful though when they are installed is that you have to LIFT your foot over the rear edge of the deflector when stopping.
When I first stopped I almost tipped over as I could not just slip my foot from the floorboard to hold the bike but got caught instead and some kind of mini-panic rose in me for my foot not being able to touch ground immediately! Kind of awkward but once used to lift the foot (or feet) there is no more problem.

To NormanB: those wind deflectors are even cheaper in Switzerland than in Germany, who knows why? :?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
The detail on the pictures aren't good enough to tell. How are the wind deflectors attached to the bike?

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Burgyboy, the photo looks like the wings come straight back from the bodywork. Is that true or do they flare out away from the floor boards? Does it reduce the space available to place your feet on the floor board?

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
They flare out about 1 1/4 in, i have no problem with my feet hitting them and can move my feet around ok, but I take no 9 boot, if yoy take about a 11 or up it could be a problem. They are fastned at both ends, but I did not like the way they were, they would move back when i hit a bump, so i put another bracket in the middle at bend and fastened it to floor boards. I left the bottem bracket alone and changed the top bracket, it was no good. Now they are solid. I can take a close up photo of brackets and try to expland how to do it. On left side i took out fuse box and drilled a hole out through side and bolted a new bracket in. On right side i had to cut a I 1/2 in hole to get in to side of plastic, then bolted another bracket for top of wind wings. Are you confused yet, pictures will help if any one needs them. Wayne

1 - 20 of 39 Posts