Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, I just bought a new 650 executive and so far I love everything about it except the windshield. I was wondering what the general consensus was as to the best aftermarket windshield for reducing buffeting. The stock windshield just won’t do. Thanks

·
Administrator
18,189 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Let us know more, year Exec and where you ride.

Most members have gone to the GIVI or the Clearview as they are taller and wider. Depends on how tall you want. The 2013 thru 2018 have fewer to chose from.

·
Registered
704 Posts
As Dave J says I have a Kappa screen which is Givi under a different name just cheaper. Being in UK not familiar with the clear view. I am 6 foot tall but I hate trying to look over a screen so cut 3/4 inch of it now it's perfect. It has wider sections at the bottom so better hand protection. At high speeds though due to wind pressure will not raise but you just slow down to raise it. Never needed to as it is perfect in the low position. Far better that the stock screen though.

·
Premium Member
8,026 Posts
raise it high and the air will pass over your helmet and you get no buffet, but you get pressure from behind which is also annoying. you can spend a pile of money on a vented screen. try a X-Creen or get a huge barn door and put up with the back pressure.
First thing you need to decide. do you want to look over or through?

·
Registered
522 Posts
About me, i have bought my used burgman with the taller GiVi and I'm about to buy an "original size" or "sport" Ermax. The tall one in the summer is too much, and i hate to have the windshield top edge exactly in my field of view.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts