Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I found this forum a while ago after I got my 650 and it's great! I have a question now aand a delimma! I pulled my windscreen to clean it and thats no problem. It removes in a very short time. The 4 little rubber nuts that secure the screen are a bear to get back on though. There must be a better way that I didn't do! Pulling them back through the wind screen I'm sure will destroy them sooner or later. I used a small pair of needle nose pliers to do fish them back through. Pushing them back through the w/s mounting bracket was ok. If anyone has any words of wisdom I'd appreciate it. I have a Clearview ordered and don't relish the thought of installing it because of that. The service manual is useless for this.
Thanks and have a good one! Charlie....2003---650

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Charlie. Glad to have you join us. Which Enterprise, AL are ya from? The one north of Montgomery or the one in LA (Lower Alabama)? :)

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
There is a little trick. Just insert the screw, but don't twist it at all. Push on the screw. It will cause the rubber nut to elongate, and it will slide right through the screen & into the bracket. No soap or spit required... Once the nut is positioned, then thread and tighten the screw. I have done at least a dozen windscreen swaps on Burgman 650s. I learned this trick on about the second time I did a swap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to everyone who replied. I believe I can get it back on now MUCH easier than before. Sometimes it takes someone who's "been there, done that" to shed a little light.

Bill, I'm in LA (Enterprise) and went to school in UCLA (upper corner of lower Alabama), commonly known as Auburn. My wife is from TN (Gallatin) not too far from you, however; we met and married in FL almost 50 years ago.

Thanks again to everyone and have a good one!

Charlie...

·
Registered
761 Posts
Thanks Pauljo, that trick worked perfectly. I am upgrading to an XXL Clearview for my 650. It does not seem to cover the hands as much as the GIVI does, so I hope it provides at least more protection than the stock w/s did.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
captainfish said:
Thanks Pauljo, that trick worked perfectly. I am upgrading to an XXL Clearview for my 650. It does not seem to cover the hands as much as the GIVI does, so I hope it provides at least more protection than the stock w/s did.
The Clearview actually does keep the air off of your hands. You will be surprised. The styling of the Givi accentuates the handwings, they are more integrated into the design of the Clearview. But unless you take your hands off of the grips, you will feel no wind hit them using the Clearview.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts