Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey folks I have the Givi Screen Blade on my burgman 400 and plan to do some serious road trips with my wife... only problem is that she says she gets blasted pretty badly by the wind at highway speeds. I'm wondering if there is a taller windshield (even though this one as some of you know is huge) for the burgman 400.. OR if maybe I should try the stock windscreen and go smaller... I was thinking that maybe the givi was a little too tall and the airflow was coming back down to her. if I had the stock smaller one maybe I would break it up more and she would have a better riding experience.

http://www.giviusa.com/my-motorcycle/suzuki/burgman-400-07-13/266dt-screen-blade-detail

^^^^^^My Screen

http://www.giviusa.com/my-motorcycle/suzuki/burgman-400-07-13/af266-airflow-windshield-detail

^^^^^^The New Hotness that I'm considering buying or the stock one to try for a better ride.

Thanks so much for any replies with this guys! Stay safe out there and Happy trails!

·
Registered
245 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
We faced the same problem. I was nicely shielded but, my wife riding pillion got a face full of clean air. Not a problem in town but, it really bothered her neck on the highway. After a couple of months riding like that she finally came up with a solid solution...

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
You might be better off with a smaller screen.

Is the wind blast coming as a buffeting from behind/high or felt mostly on the helmet or low and from the side?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an 08 burgman 400 she says the wind seems to come over my head and hit her in the chest.... Also @ Scooter Maniac, I noticed you had the air flow wind screen. have you tried 2 up with that? or did you guys already get the 2nd scooter by that time? thanks for the reply's guys :D

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
We faced the same problem. I was nicely shielded but, my wife riding pillion got a face full of clean air. Not a problem in town but, it really bothered her neck on the highway. After a couple of months riding like that she finally came up with a solid solution...
Hate to be the one to point this out, but your shoes don't match. :rolleyes:

Just jealous - my wife will never leave the pillion!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
@Doug - Even with the AF we couldn't find a height that we both liked. I don't recall if the air got over her if I put it up to the point I would have had to look through it but then, I wouldn't have been happy.

@Jeff - Funny. Actually, less alike than initial appearance but, it's in the details. Now, we're a little more independent...

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I still have not heard of any pillion complaining of the wind gusts on the back of any motorcycle.

I even dont like the wind gusts when sitting as pillion, it is part of the motorcycle experience.

I dont believe there are other better windscreen as the one you get, I have the AF266 which looks to "me" stronger than the 266DT, I may be wrong.

when there are strong winds pillions will complain anyways.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Only on my old GoldWing did the pillions ride in total comfort at highway speeds.
Just sayin......#ThatPillionLife

·
Registered
211 Posts
I am fortunate, that the wife does not want to go with me on my rides, anyway, so I do not worry myself with the wind factor.....:p

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
See where you are going.

Doug you might remember it is nice to be able to see where you are going. In other words keep the windshield so you can look over the top and see when it gets fogged up.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
when there are strong winds pillions will complain anyways.
In my instance, the wind gusts coming from the pillion have been enough for the rider to complain, especially when sitting waiting for the lights to change. ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Chet, while I appreciate your concern for being able to see I reside in sunny san diego where the average rain fall is less than what most other states see in a month. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my lovely passenger just keeps getting blown backwards due to the wind coming over my helmet, I'm going to borrow a friends majesty this weekend with a much shorter windshield but still similar riding position and see how that works thank you all for the wonderful reply's to my post!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
The passenger is plain ol' up to high. Makes the COG somewhat difficult to deal with, with a passenger. I would live with less trunk space to drop the passenger down 4" or so.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts