Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran across this study, thought it might be interesting reading especially since I've seen many posts regarding noise levels, hearing loss, windshields, and helmets.

http://www.jehr-online.org/volume3/issue2/4/4.asp

"There was little correlation between windscreen angle and noise level. However, once the angle of the windscreen was reduced to 500 there was a dramatic drop in noise level. It is thought that there is a critical angle between 550 and 500 from which the airflow from the windscreen is redirected away from the helmet base."

How do you get an angle of 550???

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
550 angle

It was pointed out that you can download the pdf file for more reading info and you can see that the 550 is actually 55.0 degrees.

There was some discussion about angling back a Clearview windshield. I wonder if that fell in the 50.0 to 55.0 degree angle the article talks about?

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I have not tried it yet but I will, if you heat the top of the windshield you should be able to to bend a lip -just about 1 inch down from the top, this should do the same as trying to shim the windshield , in fact a lot of the Clearview shields have this molded in already. It deflects the air & and a lot of noise over the top of your helmet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts