1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
http://www.rammount.com/CatalogResu...d/082065077045066045051052054085/Default.aspx

This works great on the 650. Keeps it out of the way. Mounting on the dash, blocks the view of the instruments. You have to work in adjustment so it doesn't hit the windscreen though.

View attachment 21281
Already I have these for many year now one on both reservoir, I always place Garmin 1450 on left hand ram mount arm, but want to try somekind top of dash mount arrangement, on top of dash mount will not block view of instrument or panel itself.

Had these on 2005 Burgman 650 also.

Reactions: hscohen

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Already I have these for many year now one on both reservoir, I always place Garmin 1450 on left hand ram mount arm, but want to try somekind top of dash mount arrangement, on top of dash mount will not block view of instrument or panel itself.

Had these on 2005 Burgman 650 also.
Okay.

I love my Garmin 1450. If you ever need help creating routes, let me know. I have some write ups.

Let me know if you try that mount. I'd be interested if it works. I've had good luck mounting disks with 3M industrial Velcro, but it pretty much permanent.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I bought one of these for my Garmin - it works on the dash of both of my cars and sits on the plastic handle bar cover very well. I drive my Ghia pretty hard - it never slides around. I use a short tether just in case I hit a big bump. I made it out of a piece of 40 pound mono-filament fishing line and two large swivels - left over from my salmon fishing days. It sits there almost like its glued on and is easily removed and stored to prevent theft. The standard suction cup didn't work very well on the windshield.

·
Registered
704 Posts
This is how I mounted my holder for my iPhone. It works well for GPS or even taking pictures. The videos seem to be as stable as any GoPro videos I've seen.

Reactions: belovesya

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
it will work well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought almost the exact same mount and will be mounting in the same place. I'm glad to know it's working well. Since I'm just seeing that this post was in 2014 - do you still recommend it in 2020?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts