Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a 5' tall, 110 lb. woman living in Taos, NM (7,000 ft.) who wants a scooter to both go to town and to cruise one-up in the mountains with my husband who rides a Suzuki Blvd. The seat height on the Burgman 400 is great for me, but can the little guy handle going up to 9,500 ft. at a decent speed? I see some say Yay, and some say Nay. What say ye? Thanks for the help.

·
Super Moderator
18,085 Posts
1st, Welcome :)

2nd., it should be just fine.

·
Registered
243 Posts
While I've not been in the mountains, I outweigh you by 130 lbs., and, I had 80 lbs. of camping gear on board the other day on a 467 mi. day ride. The 400 handled everything with grace and power including 80 mph on the freeway.

Buy it -- enjoy it -- and keep it away from your husband or you might lose it!

John

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to you all. I'm convinced...and very happy to move forward (literally). Hmmm...maybe His and Hers? And hello, Roswell!

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Welcome! The 400 will do just fine. Happy hunting for your new ride.
Ride safe!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
http://burgmanusa.com/forums/12-general-discussion/39395-what-s-highest-altitude-you-ve-ridden.html

Check out this thread if you need further convincing.

I've personally been at 8800 feet and the 400 felt as powerful as at sea level. And I'm more than twice your size. Make sure to get an efi model, and perhaps as late a model as funds allow. With your diminutive frame, the little burg will fly up those hills!

Your biggest problem, and I'm quite serious about this, will be prying it away from your husband. It starts off innocent enough, a errand here, trip to the store there. "Honey, I'm just running out to Costco, mind if I take Burggie, its got a big trunk"... That sort of thing. You'll be quite please with how he's so willing to go out.

But then you'll notice a half hour trip takes two. Longer and longer he'll take. "Just took the long way Dear. Sorry about the ice cream" he'll answer. And if you have any doubts, check this thread out.

http://burgmanusa.com/forums/22-roa...ve-your-ridden-something-inconsequential.html

So get the burg at your own peril. Perhaps that "his and hers" suggestion is isn't a bad idea. And invest in a good cooler...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Off to Santa Fe tomorrow to look at a Burgman 400; taking along the hubby after reading your insights into men and Burgs. Covering the bases! I hope to have many adventures dealing with both the inconsequential and the altitude to share soon.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Congrats on your decision and good luck on your quest to find your 400.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts