Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
I am not in Sturgis because some things you see there can never be erased from our memory. That and a pandemic. .
Yup, I've been to nude beaches too. Still have flashbacks!

Reactions: 2talltoo

·
Administrator
18,696 Posts
Yup, I've been to age restricted 85+ nude beaches too. Still have flashbacks!
Fixed that for ya Mikey

When I was a Phone repair tech I got a call out to the Sammamish area "Freedom of Expression" Nudist camp to work on their ADSL. It was Ladies night..... The average age was 68+. Gravity worked overtime.

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I and my wife just retired and like many people I have a little money and nowhere to go until I prove to survive the pandemic or scamdemic if you are in Sturgis, SD. So, Le Dude (must have taken high school French), thought the rectifier might be suspect as many are in that year Burg. Well I just spent that little money I saved up and still have an idled machine. I have tested ALL fuses with a tester but not a voltmeter.

I am of course NOT a mechanic but one big question. Can a mobile mechanic hook up a diagnostic computer and trace it in a flash? I bought it to ride not scratch my head and bum.

·
Administrator
18,696 Posts
Centennial, Colorado is a bit too far for me to ride over and help test. Maybe a member closer can do the ride.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
I can appreciate that journey, I lived in Gig Harbor at one time. I still miss the area and the fall trip to Yakima for fall fruit.

·
Administrator
18,696 Posts
Just finished up a box of Wenatchee peaches and Cots. Apples are later in the fall.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Enjoyed the fruits of the NW for sure, my wife and I loved our 2 years out there and have traveled back for vacations. The Puyallup fair was fun but I'm sure cancelled this year.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Can't do diagnostics unless the instruments work as that shows the fault codes. Check you have 12v supply going to the instruments on the connector plug. If not work your way back. Have you ever removed the instruments or done any work in that area that may have affected a connection plug?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Swap the signal fuse with a new one. You do not need a diagnostic machine, you know what the fault is. No 12v supply to instruments, Once you sorted this then you will probably have fixed the no start issue. I will ask again, is the underseat light working or not?

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
diagnostics machines can only do so much, granted they are good but I have had 2 vehicles that the diagnostic machine was useless on, (including my 15, 650 burgman)

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I promised I would report my issues once resolved. You can save the Dumb A__ comment I have already done that for you guys. Once again thanks to all. Cooperman, sorry for not answering your question on the trunk light, but you did get me to revisit fuses and wether distracted or walked away before finishing I missed the 10 amp gas fuse was bad. I am missing a brake switch that was bad (part ordered) so I direct wired it. Hit start and low and behold.....the darn thing runs. Dumb A__.

·
Registered
153 Posts
so is the instrument panel lit up now? and does the trunk light work, lol.
If you pull the 10A gas fuse does your panel lights stop working?
Just checked my little owners manual and the 10A Fuel fuse protects the fuel pump, fuel injector, TRUNK BOX LIGHT, INSTUMENT PANEL LIGHT and ecu. So you probably popped it messing with the trunk box light wiring.
Sorry we got you on a bum steer with the signal fuse, I blame Buffalo. If I had checked my book we could have had this sorted weeks ago. Must get hold of a wiring diagram for the 650, anyone know of one on-line?
Page 6-32 in the owners manual has now been photocopied and put in a plastic bag with my spare fuses.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
What threw me off was after putting the new seat on a friend went for a short ride and came back. We went to restart to park it and nothing. maybe the brake switch broke then and the fuse took time to go out? I need to put a brake switch in and do a number of short local trips before I will trust this bike.

·
Premium Member
3,443 Posts
Great news 2talltoo ....we have the best Burgman troubleshooters in the world here...even better than the Japanese I bet.

The person with the problem just needs to relax and phrase his questions and symptoms properly and these old masters will steer you thru it.

Well done to all that held his hand thru his problem. Three Cheers for BUSA and it’s Members.

Now that this problem is fixed ...please return to your work finding the cure to this virus .

·
Registered
884 Posts
It should still start on the other brake. I would disconnect your short circuit on the broken brake switch you will blow your brake lights if left on permanently. Bike is still perfectly usable.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
You are right I'm sure, about the one switch working, when I put in the first switch it ran and then found out I had no brake light on the other side so both switches were bad. Bike is a 2011 with 1700 miles and been sitting on a battery tender so other issues may come up. thanks, Harlan

61 - 80 of 80 Posts