Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Is there an anti-theft Reser or anything? Also there is a braided wire with 2 loops floating around in the trunk.

·
Premium Member
3,165 Posts
Is there an anti-theft Reser or anything? Also there is a braided wire with 2 loops floating around in the trunk.
I think the braided wire is used as helmet lock.

Reactions: Tromper

·
Super Moderator
2,334 Posts
I'm with Daris on this.
The side stand switch is a notorious issue. I've run across it myself a couple times.
It takes a couple secs to check and a couple more to fix. It's a great place to start.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So fuses were good and I went back to the battery area and played with the three connectors off the double positive posts that sit on top of the battery box. Got it turning over but did not fire up. I thinkI will let it rest for the night and hopefully the trickle charger can catch up. thx Harlan

·
Premium Member
8,181 Posts
yeah, that no display is probably the thing you should be chasing, you can't ride without it anyway so ,,,,

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So...still no go. Battery is strong. KS up, kill switch off all the usual checked off. When I turn the key the headlights are strong, grab either brake lever and the brake lights do not work and no start, light in trunk does not work and no information on the instrument panel. Any idea which fuse may be out? I have not removed the front cowling but looking at a you tube video I only see screen fuse (assume windshield), abs fuses, and mirror fuse. I have looked at all past forum post and see lots of instances but never the final solution or answer. When I find my blunder or issue I will post my blunder or issue. Is there a cleaner recommended for the kick stand switch (but I do not really suspect this).

·
Premium Member
3,165 Posts
You have the engine turning over now ? but not starting ?

·
Premium Member
14,235 Posts
Has all the classic symptoms of a blown signal fuse. Dave-J mentioned this in an earlier post. As best I can remember the under seat light is also on this fuse. My guess would be that when you installed the new seat you shorted the under set light wire where it plugs in down near the seat hinge. That blew the fuse. I would suggest your do some investigating there. And double check that the 15A signal fuse in the front fuse box is indeed good.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks Buffalo I'll get on that in AM when it is a little cooler it's been hovering around a 100 in Denver metro. Lower humidity here but we're a weak people. Have a good night.

·
Administrator
18,407 Posts
A fuse has two test points on the top with the 15 in the middle. These test points are for a Volt meter or a test lights probe.
Fuse.jpg

Test Light.jpg

Reactions: 808

·
Registered
148 Posts
Just been out and pulled my signal fuse, it does the same as what your bike is doing. Are you checking the correct fuse?
It is in the left hand side cover where the air filter is. There are two banks of 4 fuses. It is one of those, should be labelled up. Whilst doing this I just realised I had no spare fuses on the bike so have added a collection,inside the cover.
Whilst you are messing about make sure you have something to stop that cover blowing off should your centre box open whilst breezing along, or you'll lose it.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Signal fuse is fine. I installed the seat and a friend took the bike around the block. He pulled in and turned it off. I got on to park it and went to turn it on and nothing. I played around with the connections around the battery and got it to turn over but not start yesterday. I took the battery out and the shroud to look at the connections underneath and all appears well. I do not think that the fuses under the front cowling have anything to do with it? How do you check the kick stand? I wanted to love this bike but we are off to a rocky start. 1700 mile bike that looks like it is off the showroom floor. @*&^@%$%&

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Also the connection for the trunk light was under the battery cover so I cut the wire making sure not to cut both wires at the same time and short it out. Spliced it together again and the bike fired up after installing the seat. Grasping for straws.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Just been out and pulled my signal fuse, it does the same as what your bike is doing. Are you checking the correct fuse?
It is in the left hand side cover where the air filter is. There are two banks of 4 fuses. It is one of those, should be labelled up. Whilst doing this I just realised I had no spare fuses on the bike so have added a collection,inside the cover.
Whilst you are messing about make sure you have something to stop that cover blowing off should your centre box open whilst breezing along, or you'll lose it.
Cooperman I appreciate your input but all fuses test OK

·
Premium Member
3,165 Posts
Hold the throttle 3/4 open and try to start .

·
Premium Member
3,165 Posts
I thought you had it turning over ? after charging battery ?

Post 24 in this thread.

·
Registered
794 Posts
From your description the fault is electrical and somewhere around the battery area. Check the connections particularly the those on the solenoid battery etc. You may have trapped a wire when you done the seat and broke the inner core. There is also a connector on top of the battery cover check that as well

·
Registered
148 Posts
If the fuse is OK then there is a break in the wiring. Are you getting 12v at the signal fuse. You must get the information back on your screen as a first job. Is your underseat light working? as Buffalo suspected the light under the seat might be from the same supply as the instrument feed. If the dash is not lighting up it will not turn over, I've just double checked on mine.
It seems strange that you have been messing with the underseat light wiring and this is also related to the signal fuse/supply. How are you testing the fuses?

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I have tested all fuses that I have gotten to with a test light all good under seat and in the middle glove box. Have not gotten to the ones by the headlights but my mirrors and windshield work and abs light comes on. I believe that the starter relay solenoid that sits on top of battery could have a broken wire. How to test it is above my skill level. I'm leaving for the mountains to hike and camp with my wife for a few days. Maybe ordering a new relay for 12-15 bucks on Ebay to come in while I'm gone makes sense? Many thanks to all who have offered up your expertise, Harlan.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts