Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 650 with 1750 miles. Put on a new seat took it for a test short ride and will not start now. New battery and all lights up fine, turn key and the lights dim but no start.

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
Lift Up seat check fuse on left side of bike when seat is lifted up. The left side of seat can dislodge them .

·
Registered
16 Posts
Does it start when you're not sat on it? I had the same problem with a 93 fireblade it would start when I wasn't sat on it or the seat removed but with seat on it was no go it turned out to be a break in 1 of the wires to the cdi that when pressure was on it it would break the connection it was a pain in the arse to find anyway just a possibility

·
Registered
166 Posts
Sounds like you have disturbed battery connection / wiring in that area when you fitted new seat. Was everything OK before you fitted seat? was it in regular use? Is it charging OK? Is the battery u/s.?

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. I put in a new YUSA battery that was fully charged with a solid green on the tender. When I hit the starter the lights which appear bright go dim so maybe the battery.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also the panel lights com on but no information, does it need to be running for mileage and other info to be displayed?

·
Registered
166 Posts
So have you tried it with two batteries, why have you put a new battery on? Do both batteries do same thing? Which battery was on when you took it for a short ride? Did it start ok after you put the seat on. how long was your ride? I'm confused, for us to narrow down what it might be we need a list of what you did and when. was it running OK before you put the seat on etc.
It is very difficult trying to help unless we have all the facts.
But there are lots of clever peeps on here, so it will get sorted.lol.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Your battery is discharged. It may recover on the charger it may not. If it's new it will have warranty

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Battery tested fine, The 2 /40 amp fuses on the side are fine. Can the bike be started on the center stand with the kick stand up? Tired on putting it up and down.

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
Are you pulling in one brake lever ? Yes you can start on center stand but side stand must be in up position. Check kill switch is in run position.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
pulling in break lever / kill witch in run position / this is driving me a little crazy.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did drop a battery terminal bolt through a slot by the battery housing. So it is killing me is it somewhere where it could cause a problem. Did it fall out on a little test ride? Like chasing ghosts potentially. I asked before do you have any gauges / the odometer or anything come on with the key in run mode without starting? The instrument panel has light but nothing else.

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
pulling in break lever / kill witch in run position / this is driving me a little crazy.
Just confirmed on a 06 B650 oil light lit Drive indicator light lit and showing 0 speed.

Don’t lose hope we see this at least once a month here....the guys here will have you up and running soon.

·
Administrator
19,947 Posts
In the fuse block under the cover by the locking glove box is Fuse #2 Signal. Check to see if its good.

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
oil light and abs light only on mine
Do you have an analog speedometer ?

While on center stand look for the side stand switch and see if it is acting normal .

Reactions: Tromper

·
Administrator
19,947 Posts
Under the battery tray is three connectors. They sometimes get corroded. Take them apart and clean.

Autozone parts stores sell "Bulb Grease" that you can put in the connectors to keep moisture out.

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dave J, do you remove the 2 Allen head screws inside the glove box to access the fuses or remove the 2 Phillip head screws and remove the lower panel?

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
Dave J, do you remove the 2 Allen head screws inside the glove box to access the fuses or remove the 2 Phillip head screws and remove the lower panel?
just open glove box and there will be a tab to remove cover on left side.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts