Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't start my 2012 Suzuki Burgman 650 Exec after power washing the wheels. The battery is good. The lights come on. No lights on the display. The engine will not even click. It started first then stopped. It will not start again! Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Open the fuse box and see if you blew the signal fuse. You may have gotten water up into the horn and shorted it. It is powered off that fuse as is the dash, turn signals and a number of other things. When you blow that fuse the bike will not run.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
BTW, I really don't recommend power washing the wheels. To easy to force water into things that should not have water in them like the wheel bearings.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I hate to ask this, but did you accidentally hit the Kill switch? It's the red one on top of the right hand cluster. I did that just the other day and I panicked a bit before I started laughing at myself.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you are right. Turn signals and horn do not work either. My problem is that I can not find the Signal fuse. I removed the front panel. I can see other fuses like mirror, ABS but not Signal. Do I need to remove other panels to get to the signal fuse? I am guessing probably panels around the horn?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I power wash everything I own, the problems occur when you get the wand end too close to the parts you are power washing. A little common sense here will stop a lot of problems from occurring.

John

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys, it was not power washing the wheels at all. It was running lights shorting thru top box I installed. I found the signal fuse. Sure enough it was off. When I replaced the fuse and removed the short, everything was working like a charm again. Thank you all :)

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
and thanks to all for the troubleshooting mini-lesson.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
A little late getting back but it looks like you found the signal fuse alter all. It's clearly marked on my 07 so I figured you would not have any problems spotting it in the fuse box.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
power washing a bike / bicycle is a very bad idea as water can be injected / forced into areas past the seals / o-rings etc... I only use a gentle spray to hose off the soap after the bike has been cleaned.

as for the where the fuse is, I hope this helps

·
Registered
26 Posts
I hate to ask this, but did you accidentally hit the Kill switch? It's the red one on top of the right hand cluster. I did that just the other day and I panicked a bit before I started laughing at myself.
That creates a panic attack every darn time for me. If I'd just train myself to use it to kill the engine instead of the kick stand that would never be an issue. However I figure that panic is better than the panic you'd experience forgetting to put down the kick stand. ;):p

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've been using those waterless spray cans to keep my bikes clean and sparkly. My Vulcan has chrome wire wheels and is practically new, although a 2010, so they've never gathered any real brake dust. I was going on a Toy for Tots run and wanted the Burgie looking good for all those Harleys and decided to try to clean up the really dirty wheels. I don't really normally worry about how they look. I was amazed at how well the front wheel cleaned up with only a very little effort.

I didn't bother getting into cleaning the rear wheel due to all the stuf in the way and needing to move the scoot numerous times to get the whole thing. However, next spring.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts