Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help................
My 650 has been in the shop for 6 weeks now, the "Stopper Bolt" sheared.. after the dealer had made all the repairs they went to ride it and "It would not move"!!!!!

Anyone out there in "Burgman Land" know what might be going on????????????????????????

Any and all help is/will br greatly appreciatted...

Thanks All

·
Registered
338 Posts
Did they think to check the parking brake?

·
Premium Member
14,472 Posts
If the brake is not on then they probably put something together wrong and they've got some more work to do to figure out what.

Reactions: s-steel

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Buffalo +1

Hmmm, the stopper bolt insures that the outer bearing race doesn't rotate within the housing.......have they disclosed the nature of the damage?......6 weeks, I see that as basic ineptitude and the shop's problem, just make sure that you don't pay for their "experiments" in fixing the bike.

Good luck.......

Reactions: s-steel

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Tell them to give you blue book price on your "door stopper" and move on to another bike.

You will never trust that bike again on long trips, so I suggest "cutting bait".

If they give you a hard time, call Suzuki and inform them of your dealerships incompetence.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi Delburg,
Did you manage to sort the problem with the CVT in the end or is still going on?

GsGeorge made a comment about rechecking the timing, I am not ware of any timing that needs checking on the CVT, is there something I missed in the manuals?

Best Regards
Luis

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi All

The problem stil remains a problem..

As of last Friday a Rep from Suzuki Warranty was out to inspect the bike.

Last work I got was that they would replace the entire CVT, unfortunatly I cannot verify that through

the dealer or Suzuki Customer Svc.......

It is a cryin shame that Suzuki technicians are not of the same caliber of the machines they service.....

The Suzuki Burgman is one of the most if not the most sofisticated and complex machines around, and

it takes more than a "Harley Mechanic" to work on them.....

I only wish that Suzuki would require their dealers have Technicians who are properly trained on their

entire product line...

Still without a Scoot Jim :(

·
Registered
338 Posts
rocketman122 said:
A month and a half later..what has happened since? were they able to fix the issue?
As far as I know, his bike has been fixed. I'm sure he would remind everyone to check/replace their stopper bolts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts