Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I truly like my 09 Burgman 650 but it does have subtle annoyances. I prefer old style analog displays for the speedo and tach. The digital display is difficult to read depending on the time of day due to the sun and when wearing sun glasses. I have been reading about improved mpg with the new scoots. I always want improved mpg. There are other minor issues but those are the most blatant. So the big question is will my GIVI Top Box fit the 13. Also I purchased a Russel Day Long Seat for my 09. Will it fit the 13. In addition, I hardwired a GPS power cradle for my Garmin 550 and would of course like to transfer that over as well to any new ride I get. Are all of these transferable and would an upgrade be advisable? Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
I truly like my 09 Burgman 650 but it does have subtle annoyances. I prefer old style analog displays for the speedo and tach. The digital display is difficult to read depending on the time of day due to the sun and when wearing sun glasses. I have been reading about improved mpg with the new scoots. I always want improved mpg. There are other minor issues but those are the most blatant. So the big question is will my GIVI Top Box fit the 13. Also I purchased a Russel Day Long Seat for my 09. Will it fit the 13. In addition, I hardwired a GPS power cradle for my Garmin 550 and would of course like to transfer that over as well to any new ride I get. Are all of these transferable and would an upgrade be advisable? Thanks in advance for your help.
2013 Burgman seat possible different as new 650 rear end narrower than previous, this to be verified.

Believe GIVI top box fit, worse case may need new plate adapter.

On past and present 650 use Gilson hardwire cable purchase from GPS City and connect to back 12 volt outlet, do not see why uou not remove on 2009 and install on 2013, plan to transfer brake revervoir RAM mount, extension arm, Nuvi 1450 cradle and Gilson also from 2009 to EVO 650 when White colour become available here.

http://www.gpscity.com/gilsson-bare-wire-power-cable.html

·
Registered
243 Posts
2013 seat mounts with two bolts instead of four at the forward hinge.

·
Registered
370 Posts
The "butt-bumper" on the seat is made differently as well. the plastic is White instead of black and there is no vinyl cover on the back.. the bolt spacing holding the pad to the sliding bracket is changed.
Just goes to show how big companies are counting every little cent.. x 1000's of bikes, it adds up.
Also, there is now only one small screw on the sliding brackets' ends instead of one on each arm.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
The shape of the trunk opening which the seat seals is different. I do not believe an older seat will fit a 2013 650.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts