Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I want to say "Hi". I'm seriously considering buying a 650 Burgman but I haven't ridden one yet (I'm going to my dealer tomorrow to see about a test ride). I'm 6'-2" and weigh 260 lbs. and I'd like to know if anyone near my size has any comments on comfort, handling, etc. Will it handle me and my wife who weighs in at 125lbs.?
Your comments would be appreciated.

·
Registered
308 Posts
yeah

I am aneven 6'0, and no problem, I have the beackrest pulled all the way back. I gather you can pull it off altogether and gain a few more inches of croochback room.
Burgie has great feet forward postion for tall boys like us. Like a cruiser with highway pegs really, except we dont need feet for controls; so I am having my feet temporarily removed and retrofitted with molex connectors for easy on-off attachement.

Regarding power:

Its a 650 with a very smart tranny, so it can pull the two up load. It feels like 1000cc to my educated twister throttle hand. One up, I can leave a light with the throttle barely cracked, and not increasing the power one bit, I will be doing 45-50 in seconds. Think about that ....

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hi DonRIch and welcome to the forum. If I'm not mistaken our tallest member is 6'6" and removed the butt rest to gain additional leg and seat room. You may need to do this as well. The machine wont have any problems with the weight of you and your passenger.
You will porbably have to end up getting an aftermarket windscreen though considering your height.

I'm 6'0" and like the machine stock....well accept for the addition of the passenger backrest.
Good Luck. :wave:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I out weight you a little and I can tell you judging from my 400 that the 650 should be more then enough to carry you, your wife and then some. comfort ,it seems the Burgman seats are as good as they look (unusual for a motorcycle) 8)

·
Registered
308 Posts
DonRich90 said:
Thanks guys! Appreciate the great responses. I'm hoping I can arrange a ride tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it.
I ride a '00 Honda 1100 Shadow Tourer now but I just really like the looks of the Burgman. :lol:
I had the 1100 Shadow tourer, great bike, dont sell it.

You will be surprised by the Burgman, it has a very substantial feeling, and about the same midrange power as the 1100.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It will fit

I am 6' 3" and 260 and it handles fine, plenty of power and fun to ride. I rode my son who is 6' 5" and 240 around the neighborhood Sunday and the engine still had plenty of power going up hills - did not even put it in poser mode. He was impressed. I only went a few blocks since I have doubts that type of riding is good for the suspension. The net is I am very happy with my purchase.

Richard

·
Registered
308 Posts
Re: It will fit

rwash said:
I am 6' 3" and 260 and it handles fine, plenty of power and fun to ride. I rode my son who is 6' 5" and 240 around the neighborhood Sunday and the engine still had plenty of power going up hills - did not even put it in poser mode. He was impressed. I only went a few blocks since I have doubts that type of riding is good for the suspension. The net is I am very happy with my purchase.

Richard
POSER MODE!!!! You are a funny funny man.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts