Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got my wife to say yes to letting me get a Burgman but now the bad news. My credit is shot and it is embarassing for me to tell everyone here but I thought someone might be able to suggest something. A while back my wife had to quit her job due to pregnancy complications. This left me with my police officer salary paying all bills. We were okay for a bit but then it all hit at once. We got behind on so many things. The dreaded calls from creditors, collectors, etc came pouring in. Well I was in danger of having my wages garnished or even legal actions taken. Long story short I declared bankruptcy. Really did not want to but in the end it was really all I could do. It sucks because I have always been one to help others out. I guess I am a softy when others are in need. But when it came time for someone to help me there was no one. I have learned my lesson all the way around. Well now things are back to normal. My wife is back at work everything turned out okay. So here I am 32 years old (b-day May 27 so just say 33) married two kids and I just wanted to get a Burgman to feel free., to ride to work, to have fun. But because my credit is shot it does not look like this will happen. My only other so called "hobby" is playing online computer games. I don't drink don't smoke and stay at home and dont go out with the "fellas" Man what a sob story :oops: But anyway is there any where I may try that may help me out? I can more than afford to make the payments on a new Burgman. Heck I now have a pt job that pays 20.00 an hour. And I have my full time job as well. The only bill or debt we have is a 219 a month vehicle payment. It really looks as if my best bet is to win the lotto. :wink: But maybe someone can offer something.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Is there any chance of getting a cosigner? I knew a guy who had declared bankruptcy as well and he was able to get a new car loan, however his parents had to cosign for him, he was in his 40's

Oh I forgot.......Congrats on getting over that first major hump....convincing the wife!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe I dont know. See my parents co-signed on our vehicle that we now have. So they are a no. Besides they would not approve of me having one anyway. My brother was able to get a Yamaha card and has a new motorcycle so I may try and sweet talk him.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Chief,

I am not sure if this an option but a home equity loan is one of the best ways to pay for the scooter. Tax deductible and you are using the value of your home as collatoral. There is usually a small fee to set it up but there are advantages. You should either talk to your accountant or your bank.

Alan

·
Registered
48 Posts
you could just save the money and pay cash. as you only have the one small payment and with you and your wife working it should not take that long

1 - 5 of 5 Posts