Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
eileens piaggio.jpg
well for those who missed the last episode the wife decided to quit riding after an accident last week.
(look up thread A sad day in my life ).
After much discussion and yelling and crying (ok that was me ) ,she came around to an idea i had .If her balance and slow maneuverability was going, lets have a look at these new fan-dangled three wheeler s
.Found one took it for a ride and she loved it ,it is a big step down from a 1500cc to a 250cc. BUT its better than giving up bikes entirely :(
She took to it easily .I on the other hand took a while to figure out how to lock the wheels when stopped and still not have to put your feet down.
After about 10ks i could see its merits,handles like a sports bike ,stops on a dime,ample storage .So far the only grip i have is it tends to wonder when in a strait line on rough roads ,I am putting that down to two tires not one picking up the groves in the road,
A while back i was considering one of these (though the bigger 500cc one ) as a second scooter
Well we found this one in the pic for $4000 so a 250 will do for now it does the hwy speeds top speed is 125ks and it did that coming home (speed o was reading 140ks so allowing for error ) that's fast enough for her now until the confidence is back

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Hey congratulations! You can't keep a good woman down. Or at least off your MP3.

Glad you found a comprise. "Just keep riding, just keep riding."

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Looks like a helluvan improvement over not riding - good on ya!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I thought hard about getting one of these (500c) before I bought my Burgman. Decided on the Burgman 650 but I still look at the MP3's with lust.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
There is virtually NO step-down in fun! Congrats!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts