Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the 400 battery adequate to handle the Widder vest and gloves?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,296 Posts
Hi Bob

I do not think any mc battery is man enough to power that sort of kit for a significant period without prejudice to the next successful start.

However as long as you engine is running and the charging circuit is in good health (clean ground connections too!) then you should not have a problem.

Regards
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NormanB said:
Hi Bob

I do not think any mc battery is man enough to power that sort of kit for a significant period without prejudice to the next successful start.

However as long as you engine is running and the charging circuit is in good health (clean ground connections too!) then you should not have a problem.

Regards
Thanks for your response Norman.

I don't quite understand what you're saying because I can't imagine anyone using the kit when the engine is not running.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,296 Posts
BobG said:
NormanB said:
Hi Bob

I do not think any mc battery is man enough to power that sort of kit for a significant period without prejudice to the next successful start.

However as long as you engine is running and the charging circuit is in good health (clean ground connections too!) then you should not have a problem.

Regards
Thanks for your response Norman.

I don't quite understand what you're saying because I can't imagine anyone using the kit when the engine is not running.
Sorry Bob

Maybe I was being too abstruse!

What I was trying to explain is that the battery capacity figures less than the generators capacity when it comes to the total electical load on the system.

Regards
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NormanB said:
BobG said:
NormanB said:
Hi Bob

I do not think any mc battery is man enough to power that sort of kit for a significant period without prejudice to the next successful start.

However as long as you engine is running and the charging circuit is in good health (clean ground connections too!) then you should not have a problem.

Regards
Thanks for your response Norman.

I don't quite understand what you're saying because I can't imagine anyone using the kit when the engine is not running.
Sorry Bob

Maybe I was being too abstruse!

What I was trying to explain is that the battery capacity figures less than the generators capacity when it comes to the total electical load on the system.

Regards
Oh now I get it. :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,363 Posts
I've used the Widder vest and gloves on a number of different bikes with no problem. I currently use the Gerbing jacket liner and gloves, which draw more current than the Widder gear - still no problem on my AN650. I think that if you start running auxiliary lights and other electronic accessories, it is a could idea to check current draw with a voltmeter. But for an otherwise stock scooter, I can't imagine that you'd run into any problem with using the Widder equipment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pauljo said:
I've used the Widder vest and gloves on a number of different bikes with no problem. I currently use the Gerbing jacket liner and gloves, which draw more current than the Widder gear - still no problem on my AN650. I think that if you start running auxiliary lights and other electronic accessories, it is a could idea to check current draw with a voltmeter. But for an otherwise stock scooter, I can't imagine that you'd run into any problem with using the Widder equipment.
Thanks Paul.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top