Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and boy, am I toasty! :)

My friend at the dealer installed them for me Saturday. Too warm to fully put them to the test on the Sunday ride, but got to try them yesterday. Morning-ride temp--low 40s. Partly or mostly sunny. Light breeze. Put the temp control on Level 3 of 7 levels--was plenty warm. The vest is the one with the fleecey collar, so it really helped keep the draft off my neck (btw. helmet and jacket).

On the way home, around 8 p.m., no sun, temp in the mid- to upper-30s. Level 4. Could have ridden all night. 8)

Only complaint--the gloves are big on me (even the XS) and there's an area on the top of my hand that seems to get too hot. I'm going to try them with the thin liners next ride.

Clothing worn with the vest: thin t-shirt, long-sleeve demin shirt, the Widder vest, my Joe Rocket textile jacket without the liner.

Woohoo! Winter riding, here I come! :)

Bryna

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hi Bryna,

What modifications were made to the glove box in order to get to the battery?

If you don't mind my asking what did the whole deal cost you?

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Invincsum said:
Woohoo! Winter riding, here I come! :)

Bryna
Welcome to the Polar Bear riding society! :wink:

It'll be in the 30's and 40's here also for the next few days. I'm sure looking forward to some more "bugless" riding! Hope we don't get any serious snow for a few more weeks.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Bob! :hello2:

My buds at the dealer thought about drilling a hole in the glove box. But we found that the wire seems very stable (not crimping) as it is. There's a section of the wire with two small wires before they form one thicker one. It's the two-wire section that we make sure is where we close the box.

I got a great deal--20% off both the gloves and the Select II vest (with collar) as well as the 7-level control switch: $300 including shipping and handling.

They really make a difference. I'm very pleased with the quality of both items--the vest had big hand-warmer pockets and is nice enough to wear by itself. The gloves have soft leather palms/palm-side fingers, two tightening Velcro straps and three reflective bands on the topside of the hand.

If you can only buy one, go with the vest first. That way you'll have the stuff to hook up the gloves if you want them later. Also, if your torso is warm, it will help keep the rest of you warm. :)

You still riding this season? Bet you got a lot of miles on now! :)

Bryna

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bug-free is right, Paul! Now I just have to keep an eye on the bugs who drive cages. One nearly clocked me making a right turn in front of me last night. (Even though I had on a reflective vest, reflective jacket, helmet, etc.) What stopped him was that I put on my high beams because I could tell he was going to plow into the intersection with out slowing down.

Can't wait to ride this weekend!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts