1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Ebay--
Motorcycles/Parts & Accessories--they list 95.726 items. :D
type in Suzuki Burgman and I get 8 items (4 have nothing to to with Burgman) :(
I find this hard to believe < I just got my 2003 ,2 days ago and have put 300 miles on it (hard to do and keep the RPM's @ 5000 or less while breaking in) and it is a great ride-- Idon't care if you want to call it a scooter or a bike -I care about the ride, I just sold my BMW R1200C, and never thought I would say this--I do not miss it.This "scoot" is just plane fun to get around in ! And while my old bike got a lot of looks, this one gets more..

·
Registered
409 Posts
Randy:

I'm confused. What is the point of your post

·
Registered
308 Posts
Since it's not that much of a popular bike --- yet :D --- the used market for Burgman parts and also the accessories are still really small. When I owned the GSXR, eBay was an awesome resource for parts are there would be an abundance available, it was great, and saved me a heck of a lot of money. Hopefully it will be like that for the Burgman one day.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
You have to remember Randy that the Burgman 650 & 400 were new to North America in 2003. Like Migz says they are not overly popular yet. How many have you seen on the road?
I check ebay every now and again for Burgman products and find that most originate in Euroupe where the machines have been available for several years.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've been waiting for the Yosh pipes to show up on Ebay. Also, I'd like to see K&N make a Commander available for the FI system.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Pretty Happy

I'm pretty happy with the Burgy as is. I'm having a top box (Givi, w/lights and pad) installed Wednesday, because I ride my 11 year old daughter and we need to put a bunch of crap in when we go to the park or swimming center. As for the rest of it, it'll come in time. We're on the cutting edge with these scooters, a market has to develop first. You may not be aware, but the importation of scooters requires a special permit and they are limited. I believe the absence of a foot brake requires a waiver from the Transportion feds, perhaps we need to lobby to overturn this law? A larger market base would result in lower prices and a larger after market.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts