Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not much discussion going on there. maybe theres just not much problems with that scooter to talk about. or just no electric cvt to be fascinated with, lol.

or maybe theres just not as many majesty owners, compared to burgman owners?

what say u?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
cmn1771 said:
not much discussion going on there. maybe theres just not much problems with that scooter to talk about. or just no electric cvt to be fascinated with, lol.

or maybe theres just not as many majesty owners, compared to burgman owners?

what say u?

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...!!!!!!!!!! What's a Majesty..........????????????????????? :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Maybe there's nothing to complain about?

I looked at a couple before I got my 400, the "in your face" dual pogo stick back-end was the deal breaker...

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
cliffyk said:
Maybe there's nothing to complain about?

I looked at a couple before I got my 400, the "in your face" dual pogo stick back-end was the deal breaker...
cliffyk.................!!!!!!!! There is ALWAYS something to complain about...!! See!!!!! even you had a complaint.!!!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I frequent both sites, as I own both a Majesty and a Burgman 650.

The Majesty site is only concerned with one model of bike. Whereas here is concerned with two models, the 400 and 650.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I have also noticed this on the Silverwing sites. Though I have not been to the goldwing forum, I have not found any scooter or mc forum to be as active as this. I think its one reason I would have to stick with a Burgman as I would have no friends to talk to.. :cheers: :cheers:

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
aa6vh said:
I frequent both sites, as I own both a Majesty and a Burgman 650.

The Majesty site is only concerned with one model of bike. Whereas here is concerned with two models, the 400 and 650.
There was a time, maybe 18 months ago now, where the TMax folks were causing quite a ruckus. First, they wanted the forum name changed from MajestyUSA to something more appropriate for them — or a separate forum entirely. It really galled many of them that they had to share a forum and the name didn't reflect the exalted status of the TMax. The tone of the forum was pretty negative too. Some of the posts were pretty negative and heated. There was no other bike on the planet that could come close to the TMax in any category...especially a Majesty. So why bother going to a forum that smears it in your face that you're a second class citizen?

The moderators they had at the time could do little. Bill was the admin, but he was stretched extremely thin with BurgmanUSA, forum software changes and his own business. MajestyUSA was at the bottom of the priority list. No fault there. While everyone may think a moderator has a lot of "power" :lol: , we really have little. It takes an admin to go beyond a warning and put some teeth in it, and Bill didn't have the time to act on those issues. The moderators there left...along with a lot of other users. You basically had/have an unmoderated forum.

The result IMHO can be seen very clearly on the Index page. The Majesty forum has 978 topics and 8120 posts. The TMax forum has 1118 topics and 12651 posts...and the TMax has only been out a few years.

I don't want this to sound overly negative. Things have improved since then. I see some new Majesty users joining now and the TMax folks have settled down a lot. If they can get some new people there, it'll bring the energy back that has been missing.

Chris

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm on both sites, but mostly because I'm still in research mode. However I doubt I'll be over to MajestyUSA much any more after trying both bike out... It might be a great scoot and in the same class as the AN400 but somehow I found it felt a lot smaller, and I'm only 5'8"...

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
gruntled said:
And apparently no one ever admitted to owning a Morphous.
I just Googled the Morphous............and happen to think it was very cool.and so did the reviewer, as well!! I think that we also NEED a Morphous website.. :lol:

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
DoubleJ said:
To bad the Morphous was only a 250 for such a large sled. No storage though to speak of.
Not that I am running out to buy one.BUT......it also has a trunk in the rear like a car...................

·
Registered
183 Posts
Do some searching for the pics of what our Hispanic brothers have done in customizing the lowly Morpheus out on the coast. It's downright amazing.....

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have a friend that has one. It is a cool looking bike and the Japanese have done some amazing mods for them. I kind of look at them as flash in the pans though.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The ModernVespa site is the busiest that I have found, and not all complaints. Check out the red Burgman 650 in the Long Beach/South bay, CA scooter tag. But that game ended in 2009 so perhaps they are slow in spots too?

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
Here is a thought for why the MajestyUSA site is so dead. A new member signs on. As part of his introduction, he says that the engine on his TMax is toast at 14,000 miles, even though he's used synthetic oil from the beginning. He says Yamaha won't do anything for him, so he'll probably part it out. He needs a new scooter now, but it won't be a Yamaha.

After the first two posts asking for some details...the next seven posts are all about how this is a scam. It boggles my mind that someone could take this and find where it could be a scam.

Would you frequent a forum that treated you so negatively at the slightest opportunity?

Chris

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Daboo said:
Here is a thought for why the MajestyUSA site is so dead. A new member signs on. As part of his introduction, he says that the engine on his TMax is toast at 14,000 miles, even though he's used synthetic oil from the beginning. He says Yamaha won't do anything for him, so he'll probably part it out. He needs a new scooter now, but it won't be a Yamaha.

After the first two posts asking for some details...the next seven posts are all about how this is a scam. It boggles my mind that someone could take this and find where it could be a scam.

Would you frequent a forum that treated you so negatively at the slightest opportunity?

Chris
Hi Chris........I frequent a few other forums online - one of which is very active and is in Cancun, Mexico - and you would not believe the bickering and fighting that goes on there..!!! The other one is the Boss Hoss motorcycle forum where, as a rule, everyone is FRIENDS and friendly towards one another and also very active. The Honda GL1800 forum is friendly but not very active.....!!

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
b_bowman said:
The ModernVespa site is the busiest that I have found, and not all complaints. Check out the red Burgman 650 in the Long Beach/South bay, CA scooter tag. But that game ended in 2009 so perhaps they are slow in spots too?
I revived LB Scooter Tag over there (or tried to) last month.
Only one other active player though, and she doesn't have much free time right now.

ETA: Never mind -- just saw your location.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Urbanscootin.com is just about as busy and friendly as this place is.

I also ride a Honda Metropolitan and this is the other place I hang out. (Hard to beat 100mpg. Not hard to beat 30MPH top speed ;-)
It makes a WONDERFUL short trip and about town scoot. It holds 7 bags of groceries and is riden by all members of my family except my better half who will never get on one of these suicide contraptions!
It is the pits on rual roads and the bypass roads.

Both scoots have their uses and places in my stable.
I put a gallon of gas in the Met. once every two weeks, (whether it needs it or not.)
The Met. paid for itself including tires, oil, brakes in six years. (And I purchased it new for $1,400USD in 2004.)
The Burgman chows down three gallons a week. It will NEVER pay for itself in money savings compared to my cages.
Where it excels is fun!
It also has enough spare power to run all kinds of heated apperal and grips to extend my riding season. (I do ride the Met. when it is down to freezing, after that, it is four wheels.)

Gambit...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts