Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s been commented on by many scooter riders that riders on Harley-Davidson motorcycles seldom wave back when waved to. It should be pointed out that there are some very good reasons for what might seem like anti-social behavior…

They’re afraid it will void their factory warranty

Leather and studs make it too difficult to raise their arm

They refuse to wave at anyone whose bike might already be paid off

They won’t let go of the handlebar, because it might vibrate off

They’re angry over the second mortgage they had to take out to buy their Harleys

They can’t tell if other riders are actually waving, or just trying to cover their ears

They’re upset that after spending $30,000 they still don’t own a bike that’s as comfortable as a Burgman

To be fair we should point out that sometimes Goldwing riders don’t wave back either. Again, there are some perfectly valid reasons for their seemingly snobbish attitudes…

They have arthritis, and it is difficult to raise their arm

They were asleep when the other rider waved

They were in the midst of a three-way conference call with their stock broker and their accessories dealer

They were simultaneously adjusting their air suspension, seat height, seat temperature, programmable CD player, and satellite navigation system

The onboard espresso machine had just finished pouring a cappuccino

They couldn’t find the “automatic wave-back” button on their control panel

They’re upset that after spending $50,000 they still don’t own a bike that’s as cool as a Burgman

·
Registered
409 Posts
Brian:

I've found that most riders wave back, including Harley riders.

·
Registered
100 Posts
wave

they wave back when you wave with a gun in your hand.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Edwljoseph said:
I've found that most riders wave back, including Harley riders.
It's a joke, Eddie. Don't over-analyze it. :roll:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
As funny as it is, it's so close to the truth
And I didn't know the Goldwings had a wave back button :lol:

·
Registered
925 Posts
I totally agree. Very funny!!

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
*moved it here from General Discussion*
By the way...Very Funny!

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Brian said:
The onboard espresso machine had just finished pouring a cappuccino
Hmmmm.... onboard espresso maker. Almost enough to tempt me into a Goldwing. :)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Maybe I shouldn't admit this, but I RARELY wave at anyone. And I am a verey social "people person". Not a sour puss or poser. It's just that I spend about 2 months or so a year in Europe, where I do ALOT of scootering, and there NOBODY waves. No more so then you would wave at other cars. It just isn't done. Ever. I'll wave back if I see someone wave at me and I have time, but that's it.

It also strikes me as funny sometimes that here in the US, we gun each down like crazy, but wave to each other on bikes. Then if the other guy doesn't wave back, we want to gun him down.

Peace.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Bleeder said:
No more so then you would wave at other cars. It just isn't done. Ever.

Errrr. Here perople in cages do wave at each other. Found it a bit strange after being away for several years.

Bleeder said:
It also strikes me as funny sometimes that here in the US, we gun each down like crazy, but wave to each other on bikes. Then if the other guy doesn't wave back, we want to gun him down.
Beware! The trucks here have gunracks and if they feel so inclined, they often have the firepower to "gun him down" (along with his brothers, cousins, friends, and dogs). :violent3:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Bill, here in CA cages don't wave at each other. At least I've never seen that, and I've lived here my entire life. But it's funny you mentioned that. My brother just moved last October from here to Pulaski, TN, and he was just telling me EXACTLY what you just said - about the wave, the guns, everything. I believe he said the wave consisted of raising your 4 fingers from the hand gripping the top of the wheel. Anyway, I thought that was real interesting.

Peace.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Bleeder said:
My brother just moved last October from here to Pulaski, TN, and he was just telling me EXACTLY what you just said - about the wave, the guns, everything. I believe he said the wave consisted of raising your 4 fingers from the hand gripping the top of the wheel.
Pulaski? He moved to Pulaski (didn't just break down and couldn't get parts in the one horse town)? He chose to move there (without a shotgun pointed at him)? :lol:

If you ever head out this way to visit your brother, let me know. I'm only about 30 miles from Pulaski and therefore allowed ... nay required to make fun of them. ;)

He nailed the 4 finger salute. The other option is to raise the 4 fingers of the left hand that is either on the open window or wrapped around the Budwiser bottle (propped on the window ledge).

·
Registered
428 Posts
LOL!!!

Yes, I'm with you all the way - I thought Pulaski residents were like Iowans, the only people who lived there were folks who were unaware that they are free to leave. But no, he actually LIKES it there.

All the best.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I know as a fact up north they wave a lot in there cages,
closed hand with only the center finger raised . :lol:

·
Registered
320 Posts
<<They couldn’t find the “automatic wave-back” button on their control panel>>

:thumbleft: Reminds me of that line about Barbie: "I hate Barbie...that b**** has everything!" :D If the GWs don't have one, you can bet they soon will! (Maybe the H-Ders aren't waving 'cause they're trying to keep their handlebars from falling off.) :cry:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Invincsum said:
...(Maybe the H-Ders aren't waving 'cause they're trying to keep their handlebars from falling off.) :cry:
Brian said:
:D

·
Registered
925 Posts
Brian said:
Invincsum said:
...(Maybe the H-Ders aren't waving 'cause they're trying to keep their handlebars from falling off.) :cry:
Brian said:
:D

I wonder if the handlebars vibrating off is a standard feature on an option?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
JD said:
I wonder if the handlebars vibrating off is a standard feature on an option?
It's an optional feature.

The automatic driveway oiler, however, is standard. :D

·
Registered
925 Posts
LOL!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I would join in with picking on HD owners and riders
but I was raised not to pick on people less fortunate then me . :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts