Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I admit I did not search this a lot. Just try looking up anything on manuals and you get tons of information. But this is a question lots of people may need answered.

Why are there two different covers on secondhand Burgman manuals. The ones I have purchased in the past have always been gray tone covers with a wheel on front. But there are several ebay sellers with red, white and blue manuals. They appear to be the same, but they are all so CLEAN. Or posted as new. So what gives? I don't imagine Suzuki sends out manuals with different covers do they? Or is one created for the shop and one for customer resale? Does anyone REALLY know ? I am trying to purchase legal copies only.

Attachments

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
The red, white and blue manual is a copy and not legal.

Chris

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Daboo said:
The red, white and blue manual is a copy and not legal. Chris

Hmmmmm....the copy of my '05-400 manual purchased from my dealer is red, white & blue...... :?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Legal......illegal...!!!!!!!!!!! What difference does it make.??? All the American athletes at the Summer Olympics will be wearing uniforms totally made in CHINA>>!!! Is that immoral, illegal.or just plain un American.???? :( :( :?:

·
Registered
76 Posts
My 650 manual purchased from an authorized Suzuki seller is also has the red/white/blue cover.

Maybe the two versions are from seperate print runs? Possibly even seperate versions?

One way to tell is to look at the print version information (usually printed on the back side of the title page) between the two types of manuals.

Maybe someone can tell us what their manual says.

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
I stand corrected. :oops: When in doubt, go to the expert. ;)

I looked up one of Bill Meek's posts from the past on manuals, because he has been involved in discussions with Suzuki on what is and what isn't a legal manual. Here's a quote from, Tue Feb 21, 2012 13:54 13.

billmeek said:
...The only exception for paper manuals is:

http://www.genuinesuzukimanuals.com/

They are the licensed printer and distributor of Suzuki manuals in the USA.
Chris

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Scotty1981 said:
Gbjbany said:
Bought my 650 manual here last year http://www.genuinesuzukimanuals.com/
It is red white and blue and ican find no version info printed anywhere
What gives? I can only see a service manual if I select an650 but when I select an650a it only shows the owners manual?
Yeah..!!!!!! Just out of curiosity I went to that website Chris gave us the link to.......ANd found the same thing.!!!! Very poorly designed website - I think!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the discussion so far. And thanks for the Bill Meek link. This is a link I was aware of. I have been watching ebay and other sales sites this past year. I missed a very good manual this spring.
I found a manual for a 2007 400 and was able to get it for $30.00. I have been waiting and watching for a 2009 manual (for a 400). These red, white and blue manuals are out there all the time, and usually priced low. I just wonder where in the world they come up with all of these "new" manuals. I don't live near a Suzuki dealership, but next time I am near our closest one I will stop by and see if they have any answer on this.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I got mine on CD and just print the pages I need for the task at hand.
It definitely keeps the greasy finger prints off the original. :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts