Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

61 - 80 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
This would be a perfect time for the PTB to come up with a universal four day work week. Three day weekends would help the travel and tourism industry and restaurants immensely once we come out of this.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Good comment I read today. "Let's see 2,000 point stock market (DOW) increase for $2,000,000,000,000 printed stimulus and further to the Federal debt. Only about $7 to 8 Trillion more needed to get back to even!!!!"

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Projections show the peak in the US some time between August (Imperial college) and January (Han). 1 to 2.2 million dead if lockdown lifted.

That puts Easter in the early exponential growth phase.
I don’t understand why anyone would listen to a politician who said there were only 15 cases and they would drop to zero in a few days.
What will happen to the stock market when we blow through Easter picking up acceleration? (markets Seem to have a short memory when it suits them though)

Would testing have changed things? Yes, test everybody when numbers are low and you can remove infected people from circulation and stop the epidemic. Even with higher numbers you can limit things as S. Korea etc have.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
There is a test that will show that you have had the virus. Once you have gotten over it you can not transmit it and you can get back to your life without fear of transmitting it. I think that would be a good way of moving forward.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Knowing the gap between what the govt says and what is more likely will help people play the market - the reason for the thread.

I don’t know anything about stocks but I can see it is responding to superficial headlines So having a better grounding on what is going on seems like an obvious advantage.

Wuhan is still in lockdown and not lifting until near Easter.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Someone sees a pattern ...

Congress are in agreement on a plan to pay people and businesses.......... Stock market goes up.

A high level group all short the market

A high level group storm into DC and shut the bill down...... market tanks

A high level group cash out from shorts

The same high level group now buy into the market

Same high level group now decide to reach agreement.... market shoots up

Same high level group make $$$$ in less than 1 week.

Names and Party Affiliation Suppressed to keep it Politically Correct .

·
Premium Member
7,646 Posts
This would be a perfect time for the PTB to come up with a universal four day work week. Three day weekends would help the travel and tourism industry and restaurants immensely once we come out of this.
ooohhh nooo! I have seen the results of a 4 day work week, Marines scatter at the end of the fourth day, stay drunk 3 days and we spend the first day of the next week finding them and getting them out of jail, (jax Florida 1977)

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
No matter how many times I punch the Like Button it only gives you one....I owe you a drink buddy ....Thursday Nite at the end of the week or Wednesday Nite when we get back to work.🤣

·
Super Moderator
8,417 Posts
There is a test that will show that you have had the virus. Once you have gotten over it you can not transmit it and you can get back to your life without fear of transmitting it. I think that would be a good way of moving forward.
The big question for me is once you have it, are you immune and can you still transmit it?

Until that is really known, it is difficult to proceed with a solution.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
4-12 weeks works for me, after all, pandemics can't read a calendar.
If they go by the rule one white stripe for every 10mph we could social distance one heck of a ride.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I think it was our esteemed admin who expressed the desire to keep the political can of worms closed in this thread. Somewhere along the way someone didn't read the previous posts in the thread and started pulling on that lid. I'm not innocent of pulling a little on it myself. But then someone more recently blew that lid clean off and dug in with a shovel.
I agree with @mikeyMarine ... move it to the political forum or stop with the blame game that the stupidly biased media has so expertly brainwashed all of us with and stick with the OP and talk only about the markets, investing, and any affects the current ECONOMIC situation has had on your decisions. Leave the politics to the politicians since there are equal numbers of liars and cheaters on BOTH sides of the isle and ALL have ulterior motives in mind with everything they propose. And only some of it accidentally, it seems, benefits US.

media = a lot of mostly shyster used car and vacuum cleaner salesmen equivalents trying to move up in the world. There are a very few good honest reporters but they are usually buried most of the time and are hard to find. (btw- I WAS a vacuum cleaner salesman a long long time ago for a season and know whereof I speak. Being like that wasn't pleasant for me). :devilish:

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
rjs987,
“Leave the politics to the politicians since there are equal numbers of liars and cheaters on BOTH sides of the isle and ALL have ulterior motives in mind with everything they propose. And only some of it accidentally, it seems, benefits US.”

I’m in total agreement Right Wing, Left Wing .... Both Keeps the Bird of Prey a Flying.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
The big question for me is once you have it, are you immune and can you still transmit it?

Until that is really known, it is difficult to proceed with a solution.
Plus a lot of people are surviving but coming out with permanent reduced lung function because of scarring in the lungs. I think a lot of people hear “mild” and think of a mild cold rather than “mild for something potentially fatal”.

·
Administrator
17,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
I think it was our esteemed admin who expressed the desire to keep the political can of worms closed in this thread. Somewhere along the way someone didn't read the previous posts in the thread and started pulling on that lid. I'm not innocent of pulling a little on it myself. But then someone more recently blew that lid clean off and dug in with a shovel.
I agree with @mikeyMarine ... move it to the political forum or stop with the blame game that the stupidly biased media has so expertly brainwashed all of us with and stick with the OP and talk only about the markets, investing, and any affects the current ECONOMIC situation has had on your decisions. Leave the politics to the politicians since there are equal numbers of liars and cheaters on BOTH sides of the isle and ALL have ulterior motives in mind with everything they propose. And only some of it accidentally, it seems, benefits US.

media = a lot of mostly shyster used car and vacuum cleaner salesmen equivalents trying to move up in the world. There are a very few good honest reporters but they are usually buried most of the time and are hard to find. (btw- I WAS a vacuum cleaner salesman a long long time ago for a season and know whereof I speak. Being like that wasn't pleasant for me). :devilish:
^^^ THIS!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
$6 trillion / 330 million people = $18,000 a person

If you aren’t $18,000 richer after all is said and done, don’t worry, someone else is.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Don't forget the cost to manage and implement any program. Not gouging but simply normal to execute any program to benefit anyone regardless who comes up with it. So no simple math here. If basic business practices and economics were applied the amount per person would still be a lot less that at best. Just economics here.

edit: it's only $2 trillion, not 6. A certain group killed any possibility of more by cutting out any help for business which is needed more than many people seem to realize.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I’m sure there will be a String of middle men (Golf Buddies} before it hits our mailbox.

Remember the Audit of Enron ...they charged us $6 a paper clip.

61 - 80 of 132 Posts