Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...was a SADIST! I spent almost twenty minutes yesterday trying to get air in my tires! How does everyone do this?!

Forget the top case...I think my first purchase will be 90-degree valve stems!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
right angle valves are almost a necessity on the 650 - the brakes are so close to the rims.

It's one reason I bought a real time tire pressure gauge. I ge the mechanic to do the air initially a little higher than I want.

We do have a compressor and with the right angle valves we can get at it but it's literally a pain.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I know what ya guys Mean, On The AN400 the Valves SUCK! could never get the DynaBeads into them Had to Dis-mount to install them, Was looking on Ebay there's Plenty of Valves to Choose from, Colors,All Sizes to choose from..

There is all so a danger of breaking the Stock ones . Trying to get air into them. Rubber is So weak at the very Bottom of the Stem. Found lots of Cracks in both of them.

Elliott,

·
Registered
110 Posts
...was a SADIST! I spent almost twenty minutes yesterday trying to get air in my tires! How does everyone do this?!

I agree! What a pain in the butt. I was cussing just a couple of days ago when trying to figure out the best angle to check the tire pressure and put in some air. I've got to invest in some angled stems, that's for sure!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What year and model do you have? I am sure some wheel designs are worse than others.
2012 400 ABS. I suspect the 06 & older are easier, with only one front brake.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Search for right angle valve stems on ebay. There's lots of choices. Get all-metal ones. If you come across some with rubber bases, skip them. They won't hold up to the forces on the angled stems. I've found I like best to point them to the left side of the bike, with the rear one at a 45 degree angle, as it gives me the best access for the gauge I usually use.

·
Super Moderator
18,085 Posts
I have no problem using the oem stems. I have an old 1" air fitting for the end of my air hose.

But I will agree, using a 9" air nozzle from a gas station is a pain.

·
Registered
11 Posts
90degree tire valve

I have k8 400 and had champion motor sports in eustis fl change my tires and asked them to put 90 degree air valves. They tried and found that they did not have the clearance had to put the Oem valves back in:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Rather than change my stems, I bought 90 degree valve stem extensions on Amazon:

Amazon.com: Pacific Dualies 18090 90 Degree Valve Stem Extension - Set of 2: Automotive

I put one on the front, check the pressure and fill if necessary. I then take it off and move to the back and repeat. Works just fine.

I don't suggest running with them in place as a friend who owned a shop told me that they will cause problems because of centrifugal force can cause them to leak.

Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
110 Posts
Rather than change my stems, I bought 90 degree valve stem extensions on Amazon:

Amazon.com: Pacific Dualies 18090 90 Degree Valve Stem Extension - Set of 2: Automotive

I put one on the front, check the pressure and fill if necessary. I then take it off and move to the back and repeat. Works just fine.

I don't suggest running with them in place as a friend who owned a shop told me that they will cause problems because of centrifugal force can cause them to leak.

Doug from Kentucky
Thank you for this information. I just ordered a pair. I have two scooters and will have one for each! Outstanding!

·
Registered
704 Posts
My '12 came with metal 90 degree stems while my '04 did not. I assumed it was factory?

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
I bought 90 degree metal ones from ebay. Replaced the ones on my 400 when I had it, & did the same on my 650. It's the only way to go. ;)

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
My '12 came with metal 90 degree stems while my '04 did not. I assumed it was factory?
Suzuki started putting the 90 stems on the rear wheel of the Execs in 06 or 07. My 07 came that way. They 90 stem is a big help on the rear wheel. I've never had enough problem with the straight stem on the front wheel to prompt me to change it to the 90 degree. But then I very rarely ever fill my tires at a service station. I have my own compressor with a 1" nozzle on it that I use at home. On the road if I have to add air to a tire I use the 12 volt compressor I carry in my emergency tire repair kit.

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
I have 90 deg angled (bolt in) valve stems, and use a straight push on air chuck.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Spend $4.00 on a simple generic 90 degree valve stem and install it at your next tire installation.

Have it facing to the left so you don't have the muffler in your face when airing up the tire.

I think I will be putting these on with my next tire change. Until then, my 90 degree valve extensions will do fine.

Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Me use Ariete aluminium 82° valve, these great product, have spare unused set for next 650 also.

Use these with Dynabead, must use very little air pressure and 36 inch plastic tube to insert push Dynabead product in these. Use a staright Accuride electronic pressure gauge with these, make air pressure verification very easy.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts