Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found an app for my Android phone that will record your performance times for your 650 Burmans. It is called (Drag Racer) on Google Play Store. It uses your GPS and timing for accelerator runs. If we can get some more people to do trial runs we can compare our performances.

Try the app and find a mile straight away, open the throttle, and see how each of our Burgee's compares.

Take a photo of your performance and list it here. Here are my readings.

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
Were you using the power button or the manual shift feature ?

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
Paging Dave_J ...need some pointers on how to win this race ?

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
It takes a bit of practice. In Manual mode, you have to learn when the 'Rev' limiter is going to kick in and shift right before it does. Once you get past that point and get the Staccato in the RPM, you're loosing time.

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
It takes a bit of practice. In Manual mode, you have to learn when the 'Rev' limiter is going to kick in and shift right before it does. Once you get past that point and get the Staccato in the RPM, you're loosing time.
Anybody ever successfully remove that Rev Limiter ?

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
When you crack the Suzuki coding on the ECU to bump the Rev limiter, adjust the speedo error too. ;)

Reactions: Daves00

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
understood

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Super Moderator
2,289 Posts
Cute, but no. I'll play a bit but really..if I wanted the sports version I'd be looking at the TMax.
As it is I still am thinking of downsizing, but the big burger is just so nifty when I ride it that I can't bring myself to do it.

·
Super Moderator
867 Posts
Only a week for me to get a reply up... what the heck is up wit dat?
Anyway, interesting thought. To see how fast(?) our Burgmen/Burgmans(??) are. As much as the kid in me thinks it would be cool to do this, the grown up and more sedate rider says nahhh. Maybe it is the mindset for me but when I ride my Burgman I have no desire to see what it will do. I have a fire breathing triple of the finest British sport touring type if I have the urge to go fast. The Burgman, not so much.

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
The 400 and 650 will get to 'Killing' speed real quick.

Reactions: Blacktruck

·
Super Moderator
867 Posts
Ain't no arguing that Dave_J.
As has been said before, it is more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. The Burgy isn't what I would call a slow bike but it does shine riding at a brisk pace and just enjoying the ride.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts