Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wearing Tinmberland hiking boots in warmer weather because my high touring boots are just too hot. I'm not comfortable that they provide good protection fro riding.

I've been looking and trying/buying/returning summer (lower) riding boots for over a year now; but I can't seem to find any that are wide enough. Every boot I've tried has been medium to narrow in the toe area. If they are wide enough, they are ridiculously too long. I wear a 10.5 wide (EEE) in most Timberland boots and other shoes.

Has anyone else with a wide foot found a motorcycle boot that runs wide?

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
I too had that problem. After sending back a pair of boots that were too long and too narrow to Leatherup.com I went to Harley Davidson and tried on a few pairs. I found a pair that worked. I was told that Most boots are irregular sizes and needed to be tried on. I don't know if that is true but I could not find wide sizes in the few places I looked at on the web. Try a brick and mortar for more options and good luck.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I gave up and just wear my Gortex hikers all the time now - even in the tropics riding.
Bamboo socks help.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
paulcbrowne said:
I have been wearing Tinmberland hiking boots in warmer weather because my high touring boots are just too hot. I'm not comfortable that they provide good protection fro riding.

I've been looking and trying/buying/returning summer (lower) riding boots for over a year now; but I can't seem to find any that are wide enough. Every boot I've tried has been medium to narrow in the toe area. If they are wide enough, they are ridiculously too long. I wear a 10.5 wide (EEE) in most Timberland boots and other shoes.

Has anyone else with a wide foot found a motorcycle boot that runs wide?
I have the same problem. I have not found and mc specific boots in 11 E 4.
I do wear lace up work boots.
The best and most comfortable that I have found recently are WorkAbouts (11E4)and I got them either from BA Mason or Zappos on line.
I have two pair bought maybe two years apart. First pair 6 inch, second pair 8 inch. Both fit the same.
These are the only boots that I can wear all day with heavier winter socks. They have the largest toe box of any boot I have had in years.
To put it in a nut shell, they work for my fat little tootsies.
Not sure, but I think they may have them in a wider size.

I also have some Phrophet (spelling?) 11E5, hi top sneakers waterproof hikers. Tighter toe box and I can't wear heavy winter socks.
Yes, they are waterproof and come in wide sizes and fit well. They work really well in cold damp weather but not in warm weather, make your feet sweat .
Good luck with your quest.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
I wear a 14 EEEE... found a nice pair on amazon... not summer boots but not winter either... good boots and they were not that expensive... I used to get all my foot wear at zappos until I had a very bad experience... never there again...

·
Premium Member
14,230 Posts
I'm wearing Bates ultra light tactical boots like some SWAT teams wear. Not as much protection as a true MC boot but better than many hiking boots. The material in them also breaths so your feet stay a little cooler. You can actually feel a bit of a air flow through them to your feet. And to add to that and they have both front laces and a side zipper. You can put them on and lace them to fit then after that you can use the zipper to quickly take them off and put them on. To keep their weight down they use a fiberglass shank Instead of a steel shank.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts