Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the tallest windshield available for my 08 650. It has a Givi on it but I'd like something taller and with a vent if possible. Thanks in advance, Kenny...

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
I have an 08 650 with an XXL Clearview shield. Down here in FL, I don't ride much in the rain, so I appreciate the quiet ride that comes from the bigger shield. There is no wind buffeting my head. Be sure to get the vented version if you do upgrade, though.
Be safe out there.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Yeah vented version for sure on tall screen.
My ST1100 touring screen is taller than I like but with the vents it's the quietest riding bubble I've ever been in......even at 150 kph there is no buffeting ....you only realize your speed if you stick a hand or helmet into the windstream.
Great for chatting on the Scala and listening to music...like zero buffeting and I put that down to the vents.

I'd personally recommend Clearview over Givi...I did not like the shape of the Givi and it flexed too much at speed even tho I had a short one.

The Clearview tho I cannot fault although getting it on was a bit more work.

Be careful and talk to Clearview about what height they recommend for how tall you are. You should still be able to see the road over the windscreen.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Looking through the windscreen is really unpleasant at night, especially if there are rain spots on it.
I can't bring myself to cut down and drill vent holes in my tall Givi, even though it worked great on the old, already damaged one, where I cut off the swept-up top part and drilled 2 2" vent holes in front of the instrument cluster.
It also improved fuel economy by more than 4 MPG and gave much less back draft.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts