Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
yea, my cracked Clearview XXL FINALLY gave up the ghost and cracked in finality last weekend. I thought I'd had ends of the crack drilled OK but it snapped the drill holes. SOOOOOO, I just REMOVED it again (no repair will work now). It's cracked, as you look at it, on the lower right side from the lower hole up past the upper hole towards the right. (looking head on at it). I will be keeping the "gold wing" vent and will prob get a clearview XL to replace it. Right now I'm riding 'naked' with no windshield, but enjoying it with my full face helmet. It's not that noisy at all - no buffeting or noise with my Scorp neon green helmet.

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Yea as I said, I went thru it as well. ClearView offered me a discount as well. I haven't taken them up on it. I will prob get a blem's shield and move my vent to it. But it won't be an XXL (I think they said they don't make the XXL anymore anyways). So I've been riding without the windshield and just enjoy sitting there and getting the 'push back' from the wind.

TheBlackMoon said:
I bought a Clearview XL (or maybe a XXL, can't remember) with vent and it worked great for me. No cracks whatsoever...

Until I got some hair on my chest one day in Southern Md. and popped well over a buck (indicated) into the wind. Yep, upper left side first, and it was flexing like a cat in heat! I slowed down and babied it another 50 miles or so, but by the time I got to my buddy's house, the upper right started cracking too. The left side was about 2" and the right about an inch or less. I pulled it off and asked my boy to bring it back home for me at a later date, fearing it would split in two by the time I got home.

1st time riding home without a shield, and I discovered why sport bikers lean into their cowls when riding hard, as well as the Burg can hit 132 (indicated) sans shield (of course this was on a closed, pro only, track... lol! :lol:). I lose about 15+ mph (max) compared to the OEM, and again as much compared to no shield. Maybe that wind resistance means... SLOW YO TAILS DOWN!!! :lol:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.