Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a curious question on my part. If this web site / forum persuaded or influenced your decision to buy a Burgman, please reply to this with a few comments.
Thanks,
Bryan

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
I'd have to say this website had a huge influence on my decision to buy a Burgman. I started out looking at the Reflex for a fun little machine to ride locally and have as backup transportation. Since my commute to work is 84 miles each way, I gave consideration to the Silverwing. While researching the silverwing online, I came across the Burgman. I began to look for rider reviews of the Burgman and happened upon the BurgmanUSA fourms. After reading all the posts over a several day period, I then joined the forums and began asking questions. Not only did these forums convince me the Burgman was a better machine, I knew I had a resource that could (and would) honestly help me address any future issues.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Let me begin with a little story .
Once upon a time there was a biker who loved to ride life was good
:sunny:

There was I the biker wizZZZZing around on this little island called
the UK.

Then on one realy good day went to mount my steed but no
for some reason i couldn't with out a scream of pain :cussing:

Off I went to see the local witch doctor :dmage:

He was not having a good day and he curesed me with !

YOU SHALL NEVER RIDE YOUR STEAD AGAIN WITH OUT the PAIN of BACK

I then went to see the Wizard and he said rubbish dispose of your
knee chewing machine , get something to sit upright upon

So I shearched the world looking for such a machine when i stumbled
across this world called BurgmanUSA. I was over powered by the
friendship and passion for the machine which will let me continue to
ride the island . :eek:ccasion7:

In a machine of beauty and elegance
as shown I will be able to ride without a groan

So off i went to the local trader as said unto him :-

RIDE FORTH WITH UPMOST SPEED AND ORDER FOR ME THE MACHINE FROM THE WORLD OF BURGMANUSA .

Chris.C

·
Registered
969 Posts
'Tis a merry tale, indeed!

Hie thee quickly, and keep th' knees 'n back intack. 8)

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Count me, and hubby Mike, as two folks who were very much influenced/assisted by the information at this site in our decision to buy Burgmans instead of, say Reflexes or Silverwings. What we learned here was truly INDISPENSIBLE. And the information was (is) delivered in such a wonderful manner...

I still miss the heck out of Covert. (For readers who don't know, Covert was a super poster who was flamed by some thoughtless fool and quit the forum, deleting all his excellent posts as he went.) I've wanted to thank him countless times for all his sensible good advice, and to tell him, "You're right, guy! It has been COOL AS GRITS for me & Mike to each have our own Burgies." Oh well. Let it be a lesson to us all.

--Chris

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Bought a 400 on my own

I bought the Burgman 400 before I read the site, then bought the 650 after reading more about it on the site. Great Site!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Absolutely!

I did not know diddly about scoots in general. Practically everything I know now (which is not a lot) came from info on this site. I *thought* I wanted a scooter - I went shopping for a SilverWing. The Burg *seemed* like the better machine but reading all these posts convinced me that I did indeed want to try a scooter and the Burg was indeed the better choice. I mean, I didn't buy my scoot just for fun - it's designated as my daily driver (in fair weather and we have about 9 months of fair weather, here) to replace my car. I won't pretend that I didn't think it would be fun but, to be fair, my car is an incredible amount of fun - a 200hp Miata! Unfortunately, the Miata (with supercharger) gets really rotten gas mileage and is not at all comfortable for rides more than an hour.

I digress. The point is that Suzuki should be paying for this site! I made my decision to buy one of their products based in large part on information (and friendliness) on this site.

You guys rock!

Al

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I had a deposit on a Reflex and found this site by accident, after reading many of the post I had to rethink my decision and I am glad I did .
Yes, this forum influenced my deceision to buy a Burgman,
And not only because of the information but because of the general "tone" of the site. 8)

·
Registered
196 Posts
I bought 2 Burgman 650's in March 2003 on my first day off work after hearing they were available in Canada. That was before this site was here. So consequently it had no influence on my purchase.
I was waiting for about 5 years for the first touring scooter to become available in Canada. So lucky for me it was the Burgmans to arrive first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I dont have a bike yet, but this sight was a definate influence. As soon as the wife is done with nursing school, I'll be trying to get my 650. :downtown: just doing my research now.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Radman,

I see this is your first post, so welcome to BurgmanUSA! I hope all works out so that you can get your 650. Meanwhile, feel free to follow our discussions & ask questions. We are all learning more about these Burgmans every day.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I have read this site, (of course it's in my favorites) for countless hours, my wife is probably sick of hearing, hey baby listen to this...., I recently traded for a cheap POS chinese made scooter. I found out that riding is in my blood, I've really enjoyed it immensly, except that it is in the shop more than at home! I originally heard about the silverwing and was really impressed with the maxi-scooter idea. An automatic sport bike... yeah! I then saw a brochure for the Burgman, I thot I'd better check it out. I then made my way to this site, I've really enjoyed all of the posts, this site has definately convinced me that the Burgie is the way to go. I've visited my future bike with barely controlled impatience. My wife just settled a lawsuit and we should have the $ within 30 days. I can't wait to post the "I finally got mine!" message. Anxiously awaiting my AN650. 8)

·
Registered
925 Posts
I havent purchased the Burgman yet, but this site and all the wonderful people on it have definately swayed me toward the Burg. I was leaning towards it anyways, but no doubt in my mind now.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I got my Burgman 650 first, and discovered this site while Googling for aftermarket accessory sites.

Now that I've discovered it I'm spending an incredibly large amount of my free time here.

The folks are friendly, the information exchanges truly helpful, and the pictures provide lots of "next on my list" ideas.

I give this site two thumbs up. :thumbright: :thumbleft:

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
***Bump***
I just wanted to bump this old post back up to the top for revisiting.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Another vote

There's no doubt that this site directly resulted in my Burgman 650 purchase, for several reasons:

1) the overwhelming enthusiasm of Burgman owners who contribute to this forum, compared to the negativity and complaints I found on the ApriliaForum when I had an Atlantic 500;
2) the generosity of forum members me in touch with a neighbor (JohnnyDeath) who was kind enough to allow me to test-ride his new Burgman, which clinched the deal;
3) and ability to connect with others for group rides, tech support, and questions about aftermarket products. It's safe to say that this forum also resulted in my $700 Corbin seat purchase as well.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Greengoose said:
***Bump***
I just wanted to bump this old post back up to the top for revisiting.
Sorry, I bought my Burgman because of its lardy ass seat!
Now I have to say that the website and forum have helped greatly!
And if I was to Thank one single person, beside you for having started the forum, it would have to be NormanB.

His advice on how to get the stupid thing up on the center stand took away the one monment of my "Oh! MY GOD, what have I done!" .

In any case Thanks to all!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts