Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:p In fact, I have been heard to say, "Maybe it is time to sell a few." Wife and friends act like I have a bad fever or the plague or something and I will come to my senses in a few more days, etc. This bike is just simply amazing. It commutes, it tours, it is comfortable, it has storage. I should be a Burgman 650 sales rep or something. Should I sell the K12LT, which my friends call a "light truck" to my face, or the Buell S3T which insures that I ride alone since no friends will go out of town with me when I am on this bike because it will breakdown (and has numerous times). If I don't ride another of my bikes in another 2 months I think I will sell something, just to see if I can do it. Anybody else noticing that they are riding a "scooter" more and their other bikes less?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Just watched yesterday as the new owner of my old RZ350 drove away with it in the back of his truck. No real regrets(yet) as the Burger is a great ride for me. It's everything and only thing you need IMHO. So now I only have the Burger.

·
Registered
276 Posts
who else, besides me has quit riding their other bikes?

Still have to ride my little Honda 90, cos I am not going to mess up my lovely Burgman with a 3 mile each way commute each day. But we get withdrawal symptoms if we don't get the 650 out - our quote to friends who don't bike is ITS FOR OUR FUN TIMES. Thinking back to my days on bikes with gears, and the day we had to use a 650 bike when ours was in for servicing, neither of us had any good feelings for tandem riding over any distance.

Regards

·
Registered
10 Posts
Burgman 650 - the Swiss-Army-Knife of Motorcycles

I couldn’t agree more with why bother with different bikes. The Burgman does everything I want of a bike today. I've had all the sports bikes, tourers, dual purpose etc., but the 650 Burgman is so good it's embarrassing. Being a bike shop owner I have to be careful not to enthuse too much though. "Bikers" still think scooters are for girls or boring commuters. Neither is true. Maybe we should refer to scooters over 300cc as "Scooterbikes". At least people will question what that means. Obvioulsy, if you are a bike enthusiast you will want more than one machine but in reality the Burgman really does the lot. It even gets respect from customers who know me well in the shop who I would term "real bikers", or maybe they are just being polite?! Probably.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts