Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I picked up a '03 non-runner the other day and I'm in the process of stripping it down now. Previous owner said it belonged to his father who turned the key one day and it wouldn't start. shortly after he moved overseas and it's been sitting at his place for the last 3 years under a cover. A likely story I know...

I've stripped it most of the way back looking for the obvious to start with and found it's missing the side-stand sensor and there's a black with white stripe and solid green twisted together. I assume that's them. However, I've also found a blue with grey rings every inch or so i think - my eyes don't see colours good and the missus does like to play tricks sometimes lol. Anyway it's cut and I can't find the other end, it goes nowhere. I've looked over a wiring diagram I found on the net but can't seem to locate it. So question is; Where is this suppose to go to???

Cheers in advance and while I'm at it; I've found heaps of usefull stuff here already, you guys do a top job ;)

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
The Blue wire colours listed on the wiring diagram are: Blue with Black tracer, Blue with yellow, Blue with Red, Blue with Green, and Blue with White. Which is it?

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
A good photo would be even more helpful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately I don't have the means for a good photo...But given the options and a closer look I'd say blue with yellow

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
..it's missing the side-stand sensor and there's a black with white stripe and solid green twisted together..
That's the side stand switch wires.

I've also found a blue with grey rings every inch or so i think - my eyes don't see colours good and the missus does like to play tricks sometimes lol.

...Unfortunately I don't have the means for a good photo...But given the options and a closer look I'd say blue with yellow
:wink:

Y/B (Yellow/Blue) is connected to: Side stand relay, starter relay, and a diode, the latter connected back to the starter relay and also the starter button via a Yellow/Green wire.

If you start from the lower right corner, you see the diode.

The PDF wiring diagram i 370 kB, and thereby to large to attach.
You can see that I can turn on and off the layers I have divided the various circuits into, making it immensely easier to figure out.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Hi All,

I picked up a '03 non-runner the other day and I'm in the process of stripping it down now. Previous owner said it belonged to his father who turned the key one day and it wouldn't start. shortly after he moved overseas and it's been sitting at his place for the last 3 years under a cover. A likely story I know...

I've stripped it most of the way back looking for the obvious to start with and found it's missing the side-stand sensor and there's a black with white stripe and solid green twisted together. I assume that's them. However, I've also found a blue with grey rings every inch or so i think - my eyes don't see colours good and the missus does like to play tricks sometimes lol. Anyway it's cut and I can't find the other end, it goes nowhere. I've looked over a wiring diagram I found on the net but can't seem to locate it. So question is; Where is this suppose to go to???

Cheers in advance and while I'm at it; I've found heaps of usefull stuff here already, you guys do a top job ;)

Where are you from ? TheReaper!

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
That's the side stand switch wires.

Y/B (Yellow/Blue) is connected to: Side stand relay, starter relay, and a diode, the latter connected back to the starter relay and also the starter button via a Yellow/Green wire.

If you start from the lower right corner, you see the diode.

The PDF wiring diagram i 370 kB, and thereby to large to attach.
You can see that I can turn on and off the layers I have divided the various circuits into, making it immensely easier to figure out.
He stated that the wire is BLUE with YELLOW tracer so the info above is of little use. The applicable wire on my cct. diagram seems to be dead-ended.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi again all, long break between posts, I've been busy with work and repairs...

ErikDK - thanks for the info, that wiring diagram looks to be the goods but it is indeed blue with yellow tracer. Still no idea where it goes however I did get it fired up tonight so it's not affecting the starter circuit.

TheReaper - I'm now in Brisbane, Australia

The above poses another question though; Are there differences in wiring harnesses from country to country? The wire in question does come out of the harness at the same location as the side stand sensor. I've lined up a DSLR with a good macro for tomorrow so I'll get a shot just to make things clear.

Thanks also for chipping in PeelBrow - an eye for detail is always a good thing.

Moving along though, I might turn this into a rebuild a sitting bike thread as I'm sure I'll have many more questions...here's what I did today...

Checked all connections (apart from the mystery dead end wire), oil and filter, air filter and cleaned a mouse nest out of the top of the airbox :s, cleaned about a liter of varnish out of the fuel tank and installed a new fuel pump / gauge assembly that came with the bike. Flushed fuel line and checked throttle bodies for more mice...then fired her up!!! The motor sounded excellent! No funny clacks or rattles, there is a nasty clack coming from the clutch though that I hope is just a product of sitting so long it's stuck into one solid piece...or will I have to pull the whole transmission? We'll find out tomorrow :)

Try something new everyday they said...it builds character...

On a more serious note, I really do appreciate the help and the time you're all putting into it for a complete stranger!

Thanks guy's - see you in 20 hours...

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I'll look for the color code B/Y on my A1 (23 by 33") color wiring diagram.

Yes the iring diagrams are different in different areas of the globe, due to different headlight, emissions and theft-prevention regulations.

It is also different over the years, to the same area.

there is a nasty clack coming from the clutch though that I hope is just a product of sitting so long it's stuck into one solid piece...or will I have to pull the whole transmission? We'll find out tomorrow :icon_smile:
That's the infamous "dieseling" of the K3 and K4 models.

That goes away by installing the Polish Adapter: http://burgmanusa.com/forums/15-burgman-650/52709-polish-adapter-03-04-650-a.html

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
TheReaper - I'm now in Brisbane, Australia

OK now we know where you are , it would help if you gave some info on your scooter . Like how many miles are on it etc , and overall condition . If you can find some one with a camera the pics really do help .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Sorry, blue with yellow tracer is coded Bl/Y not B/Y, which is black with yellow tracer.

Anyway, the only Blue with Yellow tracer wire goes from the ECM to the blanked-off AUX-port, which only known use is for plugging in remapping devices, like Healtech's FI-Tuner Pro.

So you can safely isolate it.

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hi
Did you buy the grey burgman for $600 in Brisbane i rang him and was interested my self he said he got it of his dad not running and his dad told him it was the side stand switch which he supplied him with .If so good luck on the restoration,.I did not grab it because i have to may bikes on the go If you need and help send me a text i am on the gold coast

1 - 13 of 13 Posts