Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am burgey
2008 burgman 400
bought scoot second hand 3000k on clock. 2010, done 30,000 k to date.
Perth, Western Australia
Use scoot as dayley transport, except when raining.
Not a mechanic but do most of my own maintanance.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Welcome! Lots of info available and lots of folks ready to help here.
Ride safe! There are several members from your neck of the woods on here also.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
welcome to the forums! enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Welcome to BUSA, Burgey. You're gonna love it. Oh FYI...

<---- Who I am...

<----- Where I'm from...

<----- What I ride...

Most of the members have that set up, so there's no need to ask. :cool:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Welcome from Tampa, Florida Burgey! I'll bet you're as happy to be past the peak of summer as we are to be past the peak of winter. I'm really glad you found us - it's always good to have a fresh voice in the mix.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am new here, considering a scooter after riding 2 wheels from 1964 to 2009, then a Can AM RS for two years, Can Am RT for two more. I concluded what I really need is a 2 wheeler with a big comfy seat for two.
The best option seems to be the Burgman 650 so all I gotta do now is get over the transition from biker guy to scooter guy. I think i can do it because I really don't spend a lot of time on what other folks think.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I've been hearing a lot about how biker folks sneer at scooters, but I have yet to experience this myself. The comments generally trend towards "what a cool bike" instead. Admittedly I've only had her since Halloween and I don't often hang out with the 1%ers, but I actually get a lot of interested questions and have never gotten any derision at all. So stop worrying about becoming a "scooter guy" - after all, it's not WHAT you ride, it's THAT you ride!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I think i can do it because I really don't spend a lot of time on what other folks think.
No offense, but if you're at all bothered by what other folks think, don't get a Burgman. You will get the occasional scoff about the bike, some direct and some backhanded. And the occasional "well you're not a real motorcyclist".

But mostly you get interest. Given the fantastic ride of the bike, its more than worth it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No offense, but if you're at all bothered by what other folks think, don't get a Burgman. You will get the occasional scoff about the bike, some direct and some backhanded. And the occasional "well you're not a real motorcyclist".

But mostly you get interest. Given the fantastic ride of the bike, its more than worth it.
I had 2 Can Ams and they attract stares and questions far more than a scooter will- I think.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Welcome from the desert around Palm Springs Ca.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Glad you found the forum, Riya - it's always good to have a fresh voice in the mix! Where are you from and what do you ride?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
hey, friends am also new to this forum. Hope I will love it
Riya, you should start your own introductory thread, say "hey" to every one, :cool:

Well, welcome to BUSA from sunny LA.:wav:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Getting old but still like it!

I just bought a used 2011 650 Burgman Executive. Been riding 2 wheels over 40 years -- mostly big touring bikes until they got too heavy.

My wife and I love the freedom of two wheels and have done much touring. This time (I'm 82) we will limit ourselves to local Arizona trips.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts