Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a white top box for my 2018 Burgman 650. Givi and Suzuki seem to not have available. Any info on this?

·
Premium Member
2,825 Posts

·
Super Moderator
867 Posts
Welcome Stroke,
Stop in New Member Introductions and tell us about you and your scoot.

You can save a lot of money but I can’t tell you how good it is.

open link and click white.

@Stroke
Yes what he said. It gives the rest of us a better idea of what you have and a brief intro on where you might be as this forum is read all over the world and what works in one place may not be applicable in others. I am not sure I have ever seen a white top box. I wish mine was color keys to the rest of the bike but I suffer through the standard grey and silver of my Givi box.
Welcome to the forum sir. It is a great place for info.

·
Premium Member
8,046 Posts
@Stroke
Yes what he said. It gives the rest of us a better idea of what you have and a brief intro on where you might be as this forum is read all over the world and what works in one place may not be applicable in others. I am not sure I have ever seen a white top box. I wish mine was color keys to the rest of the bike but I suffer through the standard grey and silver of my Givi box.
hey Blacktruck,, How come Retired Navy Chief got crossed valve stem extensions in his avatar?? :)

Reactions: Blacktruck

·
Super Moderator
867 Posts
Good question mikeyMarine
I'm not well versed enough in the Navy stuff to know the deeper meaning of all of those things. It does appear to be those but I'm pretty sure it is something else. Good eye to notice that. Upon closer inspection it looks like internal parts for an M-16 but I think it has something to do with a cannon-cocker as we would have called them in the Army. Until I hear differently I am going with your observation. 😄

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
@Stroke

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I am looking for a white top box for my 2018 Burgman 650. Givi and Suzuki seem to not have available. Any info on this?
Welcome Stroke.
What you look for is the same on all models from 2013 to current.
If you are looking for a Givi then check out the parts indicated in the post by @Retired Navy Chief above. You would need BOTH SR____ part numbers given since one is the cover panel for the hole left when you remove the OEM backrest and the other is the actual mounting bracket that mounts over and through that panel. Then you pick the Givi Monokey top case of your choice. Most have color panels to replace what comes on the lid and white is sometimes included in the selection.

I just added the official Suzuki top case and mounting plate/hardware on mine and posted about it in this same sub-forum.
Installing the official Suzuki top case and mounting...
I was going to buy the official Suzuki mounting parts anyway and someone here put the entire setup for sale including the panel, plate with hardware and top case. The official Suzuki top case is actually a Kappa Monokey K49 top case (47 Liters) with Suzuki logo on it. It only comes in black, but Kappa does sell several different color panels to replace the black lid panel... including white. I really like my Kappa/Suzuki case and I prefer the black solid aluminum Suzuki mounting plate much much better than the metal and plastic mounting system from Givi. Though that one is strong also, I just prefer what I have. Sleeker, not as bulky looking IMO, and I have owned both. The mounting parts can be found at any discount OEM parts supplier with parts for the Burgman 650 in our model years (Partzilla, BikeBandit, Suzuki Parts Nation (my favorite)) and even at your local Suzuki parts department (if you give them a lot of help finding the part numbers).

Kappa is a sub-company of Givi and most cases are made by Givi with different styling. Kappa cases are lower prices than Givi but very close to the same quality. I see no difference in the build quality of my Kappa/Suzuki case from the Givi case I used to have a few years ago. Both Givi and Kappa use the very same mounting system for their Monokey cases. MonoLOCK cases are slightly different in how they mount and I don't know if they will fit a Monokey mount.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts