Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Burgies,

Almost about 2 become an official owner of a 650 and the dealer has 2 choices on extended which I know I am getting 4 sure. One is from Suzuki but he is pushing one from a company called Landmark, which of course means he is getting a kickback. Anyone know about Landmark & which one would u go with?

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
IZZGOTTA BE THE ONE THAT HAS EVERYTHING IN WRITTEN DOWN IN CAPITOL LETTERS!

I dunno right off hand man. :wink: :D I will haveta look into that real soon. I am heading toward the 12 month mark of ownership here and I have questions about the "warranty" extentions meself.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Factory warranties are generally better for the owner's benefit. Aftermarket warranties generally only benefit the dealer and/or the aftermarket company, so I would typically lean toward the factory warranty.

The main thing is READ the warranties carefully! If you don't understand, ask! If they can't give a satisfactory answer, make them find out. Get everything in writing, and haggle hard, extended warranties are a large percentage of profit to most dealers.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeh Wyldman I know about the helluva profit they make on them. I have 2 get one though becuz my history has proven that extended warranties saved me a lot of money, especially on electronics and especially becuz this is bumper 2 bumper for 3 extra years. I am also getting the tire warranty becuz here in Michigan, THE POTHOLE STATE, it's a must. I know I'm getting :pottytrain2: a little bit but I say if u can afford it, get it.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
LIGHTSKIN523,

The debate about warrants is still going on, each his own. One word of caution , how much is the dealer charging you for the warranty ?
My dealer wanted 550.00 dollars, I got the same thing over the net for under 400.dollars.
Don't let him kid you into thinking he's doing you a favor, fact is out of town dealers on the internet love to sell warranty's because they will never see you, which means whatever they get is profit for them just filling out a contract.
And that contract is good at any Suzuki dealer.
Last point most contracts are for three years (some are for four) make sure the starting date on your contract is at the end of your factory warranty, not the date you sign it.
Just a little forethought and you can have peace of mind at the right price.
So far I have spent more then that on after market products.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've sold warranties on automobiles for the last 30 years. The factory extended warranty is the way to go.

The manufacturers warranty is backed by Suzuki, who has a vested interest in taking care of your scooter. They want you back for the next bike or bikes and will be responsive to your needs. If you go out of town, any Suzuki dealer will honor the warranty.

The aftermarket warranty is backed by an insurance company that is looking only for profit. They look for any loophole to not pay a claim. A lot of times, the warranty adminstrator goes out of business, so you can't get anyone to even talk to about a repair. They would probably require you to go back to the same dealer for repairs, or, if you are too far, force you to pay for the repairs and then submit for reimbursement. Sometimes, they will pay by credit card, but the dealer may refuse to honor the warranty because of prior problems.

I bought my extended warranty from my dealer for the same price I could get it on the web, about $380 for a 3 year extension. Since an oil change costs $70, it's a bargain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts