Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like Olive Oil for most of my cooking... hash browns, caramelizing onions, and the like. But the smoke point is far too low for the air fryer. So I tend to use canola oil there.

Now... for stir fry, I've been using Sesame oil. Obviously.

But is there a single oil that I can use for all three purposes? Ghee?

Discuss.

@Uncle Fester any thoughts? ;-)

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I'm a olive oil man myself.

Reactions: 808

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
olive or avocado.

avocado oil has a higher smoke point than olive, use it in the air fryer. made some excellent chicken thighs a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Me and My friend Mario visited Italy in 2010. The Amalfi coast. We had someone take a picture at the bread and breakfast we were staying at. In the background was a sign. We got a lot of ribbing from our friends from that one! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: s-steel and Dave_J

·
Premium Member
18,591 Posts
Me and My friend Mario visited Italy in 2010. The Almalfi coast. We had someone take a picture at the bread and breakfast we were staying at. In the background was a sign. We got a lot of ribbing from our friends from that one! :rolleyes:
I'd likw ro re visit Italy, anybody know a good web site for Italian statute of limitations?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: JRoss and Dave_J

·
Premium Member
4,552 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,691 Posts
Kinda reminded me of an old Penthouse cartoon featuring a unclad young lady looking up at a larger fellah with his hand covered in oil...But seriously..Safflower oil, not Canola :p..I do taking cooking seriously a bit though..spent some years working the line and related jobs...
RE: Olive oil? These days all I can get is sooo bland you can almost use it for pancakes...back inna day I could get three grades of it with varying levels of flavor..Virgin, pretty much what ya get now..."regular" which was just "olive oil" & "Country" which was the opposite of virgin..figgered they could have called it "Experienced Sex Worker" or equiv. vs. Virgin if they were staying consistent.

Liquid Fluid Household supply Plastic bottle Packaging and labeling

·
Administrator
22,919 Posts
Mom cooked everything in pure LARD. Best Sunday fried chicken, bar none.

I used melted lard on my bicycle chain, it was all I had. Dogs always chased me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
olive or avocado.

avocado oil has a higher smoke point than olive, use it in the air fryer. made some excellent chicken thighs a couple weeks ago.
I totally agree with you. I have tried this only once when on a coast-to-coast ride, found it at a roadside bar. it's really worth a try.

·
Super Moderator
15,691 Posts
I found it has an interesting nutty flavor, not appropriate for all things but works well with some.

I totally agree with you. I have tried this only once when on a coast-to-coast ride, found it at a roadside bar. it's really worth a try.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts