Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been stated here many times that the silver Burgs are faster, or the blue Burgs are faster ... let's take a look at this scientifically:

Blue is at the upper end of the visible spectrum, while silver is a combination of lower frequencies. Because of this, silver's wavelength must be longer than blue's - which means blue is faster! :lol:

Another way to look at it might be the RGB values for each color: blue is listed as (0, 0, 255) while silver is isted as (192, 192, 192). Again, silver has less of the B component, and more of the R and G components, it must be a lower frequency color - slower! :lol:

Looking at it astronomically: the faster a silver Burg goes the more "blue-shift" occurs - get it going fast enough and it will shift all the way to blue - now THAT'S fast! :shock:

(In case it's not evident - it's a slow day at work today!)

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
But have you considered the astrological aspects of this - that says silver is just bad karma. :wink:

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
well put retort norm.

these things just happen...an i dont know WHY!?

dadgummit....frizterslapper ding dang doe.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
To test Einstein's theory, scientists built two atomic clocks and syncrhonized them. They left one on the surface of the earth, and the other they took up in a plane and flew it around the world. When they brought them back together, the one that was flown around the world had recorded less time! Cool stuff.

While this says nothing about which Burgman color is faster, we know that the faster one will also be the younger one. 8)

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Faster...

Well, it looks like mine is going to be two toned at least for awhile so while it will still be slower than the silver ones it will be faster than the blue! :lol:

Currently have a silver front fender and right side lower leg shield. Looking for a left side lower leg shield to balance it out!

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
ScubaGirl,

I think, as you near completion of the reformation process, some pics of your 2 toned 650 might be in order.

Have you considered a complete repaint using a color not available? I think the pearlesant white like what was used on the 95-97 Thunderbirds or Cadillacs would look choice!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Paint...

I am STRONGLY leaning towards candy apple red. I'm just waiting for the front leg shield brace. :( The handlebars are due on Friday so I might get the pleasure of at least riding it around the neighborhood next week. Keeping my fingers crossed for a swift delivery. I can't wait to get it inspected and registered so I can RIDE!

In the mean time I'll have to be satisfied with my temporary new sled: 1992 Liquid Silver (fast :D ) Subaru SVX.

Once I get the guts cleaned up I'll take pictures as I reassemble the plastic for the gallery. Cleaning it up is what is going to take the most time. I keep telling myself, "Patience grasshopper...".

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
You should paint it with a really sparkly red -- like a bass boat. :wink:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Re: Paint...

ScubaGirl said:
I am STRONGLY leaning towards candy apple red. .
Good choice - how about doing the lower leg shields in black too it may create a slimming look to the bike.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Since it started it's life in blue Dee, it will always have those issues.

Now I think that maybe you can fiddle around with those two things (the glovebox thingie, the return spring deal, and some zodiac rescearch [i think]) and maybe get it a bit faster than "normal" blue 8) .

But, sigh, however that is just the "fast" end of the equasion...mention nothing about the "quicker" part.

Hmmm...i didnt want this grrrr

:D

Peet!

NEW BARS! COME TA POPPA!!!
:)

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Just a thought concerning colors.... What color were the parts before paint was applied? The raw plastic parts. If the the raw parts were black, then a Black burgman will probably have less paint on it (not as hard to cover the black parts) and weigh less. Less weight with everything else the same means the black would be fastest.

Of course the parts might be gray, in which case the silver would be closest and win by a few ounces less of paint.

So, what's the raw color of the plastic parts?

Dave B. :wink:

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Paint color?

Hmmm, very good deduction. Most of the plastic was originally BLACK and the gray plastic has no paint so less weight...and is closer to Silver. You may just have something there!

Unfortunately once I got 'round to thinking about it the Burg will be SLOWER if I have it painted over the original finish as there will be more weight to contend with. Guess the only thing to do is strip it down or have all the plastic parts fabricated in titanium.

:D

·
Registered
209 Posts
4DThinker said:
Just a thought concerning colors.... What color were the parts before paint was applied? The raw plastic parts. If the the raw parts were black, then a Black burgman will probably have less paint on it (not as hard to cover the black parts) and weigh less. Less weight with everything else the same means the black would be fastest.
Ah, but the raw parts aren't as smooth as painted & waxed parts. Thus, the raw parts have more air resistance, so the black would be slower.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Analytical said:
Ah, but the raw parts aren't as smooth as painted & waxed parts. Thus, the raw parts have more air resistance, so the black would be slower.
Actually, I'm sure I've read that slightly pebbled or textured surfaces have LESS wind/water resistance than smooth surfaces. Think Golf Ball, or Shark-Skin swim wear. Something about the texture creating a little local turbulence that helps move the wind/water current faster slightly above the surface.

I'll find a link somewhere. It's got to be on the net, but I may have read it in a Discover or Popular Science magazine.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm sure that the reason the silver may seem slower is because people try harder to look at it as it goes by. The blue: not striking, so just a glance.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
4DThinker wrote:
Actually, I'm sure I've read that slightly pebbled or textured surfaces have LESS wind/water resistance than smooth surfaces.
So all the bugs are actually making me go faster? :D

·
Registered
250 Posts
yes, and if you hit them just right, they'll continue to flap their little wings to pull you along. Improves gas mileage...

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Well FINE then... :bootyshake: ffffffffffffffftttttpppppppppttttttt.

I'm justa gonna haveta go out with my ball-peen hammer and add some aerodynamic dimples to moonpie since you other slower color people are always coming up with ways to make 'em faster than her.

Will this senseless cycle of violence and mutilation ever cease!?

Dangnabbit now where's that ball-peen hammer, I guess I'll start at, an then I'll go to...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts