Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me, or has NormanB been awfully quiet this week?

·
Registered
822 Posts
pauljo said:
I think he did go back to work. He's still posted a few, but working can really cut into one's scooter hobby time... :cry:
Yeah, after all, work is a 4-letter word!

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
The new job he started on the 4th must be really cutting into his BurgmanUSA forums time. :homework:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi

I think you guys are just great and it is really sweet that you noticed my 'apparent absence'. In fact I look in every evening but that my posting has waned that is evidentially clear.

I told a few of the guys that I was successful in gaining a new position, which after six months with ever diminishing 'beer coupons' was good news for me.

To be honest the job has not really interfered too much with my surfin' habits and postings to the forum but there have been other contributing and conspiring factors. We have had visitors, been looking for a new school for my daughter (over here we attend evening presentations and tours), had a few pressing domestic jobs, heavily involved in some committee work (my local town is 'twinned' with a French town and I was organising our trip there next year), getting organised for a holiday in Crete (we leave tomorrow - whoohooo!) and I must confess I thought I was posting just a bit too much anyway and some of my posts were getting lazy and upsetting people.

This is a great forum and a great community and it is a privilige to be a part of it.

Weather here is deteriorating fast with early morning temps in the low 50s already. Like Mupp I have fitted the handlebar muffs, but it does not quite have the ring of Mupp's Muffs (sounds rude). :wink: :D

It was nice to be missed - but don't worry - I will be back!! :)

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Welcome back Norm.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Norm Lives! Hey Mr. B there is no way you can post too much, you're the favourite party guest! Did I spell "favourite" right?

Happy Holidays (Vacation, for those in the states)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad to see that Norman's back. Or, as they say in Cheers: "Norm!" (Hmm. Norm frequents a bar in Boston. Norman frequents a pub in Portsmouth. One in the same character? Have you ever seen both of them at the same place at the same time? Or maybe just twins separated at birth.)

·
Registered
311 Posts
I find Norman's postings always interesting to say the least. His is usually the first ones I land on. Chasing through the forums with speed, he keeps things active, alive and witty. Congrats on your new job.
No one will really notice my shortage of postings for a brief time but
The St. Louis Cardinals are in the World Series!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Everyone!

After all your kind words (for which I thank you), I thought I had better let you chaps and chapesses know that I am now back in circulation! :)

I arrived back from my trip to Crete at an ungodly hour on Saturday morning. Had a great time chilling out with the family in substantially warmer and drier weather than we left behind in the UK.

I would like to impress you with a list of activities but it was not one of those holidays! We spent 5.5 out of the 7 days at the poolside/beach with 1 day culture vulturing and a half day providing SWMBO with some retail therapy. I did a whole lot of reading and lounging around!

Sat in front of the PC when I got back, downloaded 290 emails (unfortunately only 20 were spam) and had a wee surf of this forum (but no posting!).

Sunday was catch-up day with domestic chores and a wee bit of reading – emails and newspapers – have you guys got some election happening or something? :wink: I avoided TV and newspapers while on holiday. The first bit of news I heard was in the car on the way home form the airport and that was sad news - the death of John Peel (UK DJ and broadcaster) – it was like hearing of the death of an old friend.

Today – well, I had arranged a spare day so back in office tomorrow. I tackled the valve clearances on the 400 and will post the sorry details :evil: in the 400 section. Enough said!!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Yahoo! He's Back! :D

Glad to hear you had a good time resting the mind & body, and could spend quality time with the family. That's always a good thing! :)

We missed not having you around here as you definitely add spice to an already great forum!

So welcome back. 8)

Reg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts