Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't seen any comments from Dave J. for while. I'm sure he has a life outside this forum but just concerned.

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Administrator
21,769 Posts
Driving from Saco Maine to Bowling green MO and then back home.

we are in Albany NY for the night at a nasty Days Inn. Flea bites. Dirty. Door handle comes off so you can't get out of your room.

Hotel.jpg

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to hear that Dave. I stayed at a hell hole outside of Alamogordo New Mexico once to save a few bucks. It smelled so bad of smoke I had to sleep with the front door open. Or the one outside of New Orleans that the carpet was wet with a one inch gap under the front door to let the creepy crawlies in!

·
Super Moderator
15,552 Posts
The fleas did the door handle Dave.
Be very afraid.

we are in Albany NY for the night at a nasty Days Inn. Flea bites. Dirty. Door handle comes off so you can't get out of your room.

View attachment 94089

·
Premium Member
9,534 Posts

View attachment 94089
I would’ve put you up at my house (Niskayuna, NY).

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Administrator
21,769 Posts
Thanks Bill. When we got to Albany it was 10 PM and pouring rain.

Today we went to Niagra Falls and got wet. At a LaQuntia Inn in Lackawanna, New York. 1,000 times better.

Reactions: wspollack

·
Premium Member
17,341 Posts
I do hope you contacted the health department and reported it, someone with a baby may stay there , fleas can carry germs, not to mention being uncomfortable.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My father in law just retired from southwest airlines as a captain. He brought back bed bugs from one of his trips and said the hotels were all very nice, as usual.

I wouldn't want to know what was in your room if it was that bad Dave...yuck. Hotels creep me out bad enough when they're "clean" looking lol

I stayed at a hotel in Harrisburg, PA that had pretty much any surface you'd touch - all the door handles, the phone reciever, undersides of the furniture tops, light switches and remote control - covered in petroleum jelly. Someone went to great length to be jerks and housekeeping didn't bother cleaning any of it off. It was even on the bedspreads. Gives me the creeps thinking about it.

·
Premium Member
4,133 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sorry to hear that Dave. I stayed at a hell hole outside of Alamogordo New Mexico once to save a few bucks. It smelled so bad of smoke I had to sleep with the front door open. Or the one outside of New Orleans that the carpet was wet with a one inch gap under the front door to let the creepy crawlies in!
And on that note, long ago and far away in a little town called Las Vegas was a place called the Fez motel. Closest I’ve ever come to sleeping in a dumpster. Holiday weekend and no other rooms to be found. State patrol had closed the roads.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And on that note, long ago and far away in a little town called Las Vegas was a place called the Fez motel. Closest I’ve ever come to sleeping in a dumpster. Holiday weekend and no other rooms to be found. State patrol had closed the roads.

Attachments

·
Registered
259 Posts
Dave, if you’ve got the time, do you mind making a jaunt over to Kansas and picking up a bedside toolbox for my 66 Ford that I’ve bought? That’d save me about a half continents drive? Speaking of incontinence . . .

·
Premium Member
17,341 Posts
we stayed in a nice little place in okinawa called habu hill barracks, the corpsman had to report getting bug parts out oa Marine's ear in the middle of the night, the next day we were told to move all our stuff out and slept on the "lawn" in front cause it was cleaner and more sanitary.
Biggest fruit bats I ever saw there,

·
Registered
204 Posts
There is a way to sleep on the Burgman. Put a nice pillow on the "hump", sit facing back, legs will rest on passenger foot rests, 2nd pillow on seat. Cover bike with rain cover, and off to burgie dreamland.

·
Premium Member
4,133 Posts
There is a way to sleep on the Burgman. Put a nice pillow on the "hump", sit facing back, legs will rest on passenger foot rests, 2nd pillow on seat. Cover bike with rain cover, and off to burgie dreamland.
Now I want Cruise Control 😃

Reactions: Steveooo

·
Administrator
21,769 Posts
Still having issues with typing. All Keys below will not type and I must copy and paste them.

I tried to use the on screen keyboard and same issue so not stuck or dirty keys.

Deleted the keyboard driver and still no typing the keys. Also 'Cap lock' does not work. It is too hard to type long replies.

Can not type any 2 @ W w S s X x

I am in Bowling Green MO till Jun 13 then driving a car north to I-90 and 4 days home.

·
Premium Member
4,133 Posts
Still having issues with typing. All Keys below will not type and I must copy and paste them.

I tried to use the on screen keyboard and same issue so not stuck or dirty keys.

Deleted the keyboard driver and still no typing the keys. Also 'Cap lock' does not work. It is too hard to type long replies.

What device are you traveling with ? If your traveling with a laptop you might pick up a usb keyboard or a wireless keyboard that will use usb.

·
Registered
415 Posts

I am in Bowling Green MO till Jun 13 then driving a car north to I-90 and 4 days home.
Enable voice dictating

·
Administrator
21,769 Posts
What device are you traveling with ? If your traveling with a laptop you might pick up a usb keyboard or a wireless keyboard that will use usb.
If the on creen keyboard doe the ame, it ha to be driver related. (uncorrected on screen typing)

Corrected:
If the on screen keyboard does the same, it has to be driver related. I think it may do the same using usb.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts