Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member, spent this week reading much of this forum. I'm very interested in buying a 650. Bidding on one now, don't expect to win. I live in San Francisco bay area, CA. Anyone know of a dealer with a good deal on 03,04, may even look at 05. Looked at one today in this area a dealer had. 03 with 9000 mile list 7500. I think he missed the boat.
Thanks for any help. Thanks for a great forum.

·
Registered
30,277 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Luck Dragon. Glad to have you join us. Hope you find yourself a 650 soon.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the forum. Good luck in your pursuit of a 650. I would pass on the one you mentioned as well.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Welcome and - Happy Hunting!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Lckdragon said:
New member, spent this week reading much of this forum. I'm very interested in buying a 650. Bidding on one now, don't expect to win. I live in San Francisco bay area, CA. Anyone know of a dealer with a good deal on 03,04, may even look at 05. Looked at one today in this area a dealer had. 03 with 9000 mile list 7500. I think he missed the boat.
Thanks for any help. Thanks for a great forum.
Fairfield Cycle Center? Hehe. Was just chatting with a guy over the weekend about their pricing.

Marin Cycleworks is advertising OTD for an '04 at $7499 on CycleTrader. The ad doesn't seem to go away, so I don't know if they can keep churning 'em out or not. However, that's what I did not quite two weeks ago.

They're still listing it at that price, so maybe they could find one or have another hidden away at that price. (They suggested to me that's all they had.)

This guy on craigslist seems nice and honest enough. I chatted with him for a long time on the phone. I looked at the ride when he had it for $5950, and I just decided it was too much. Then I noticed his ad went to $5650 firm. Now it's down to $5350.

After seeing the photos and stuff, I wasn't getting warm fuzzies about the possible damage that was not visible. However, it may be worth checking out or having checked out. (I never saw it in person because he missed my confirmation call for our meeting, and during that time, I found the CycleTrader ad and decided to expand my budget and buy new...)

Greg

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
The prices in Kalifornia are going to be higher than the rest of the country.
They have us by the shorthairs because we can't buy them from any other state & bring them in. They all start off by listing them at full retail & then adding monsterous charges for freight & set-up.
You may be able to find prior year bikes at a lower price & you can at least bargain on the junk fees. I hate this state but I can't get Shewhomustbeobeyed to move.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for all the input. If not this one it will be another one. I'm lucky, other half has approved purchase. Continue to send ideas to help find one/ or good dealer.

Update: Person pulled bike off of e-bay (private sale $7000)
Have call in with MarinCycle wanting on price @OTD 8700 waiting for next conter offer.

I'm still looking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts