Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Where to buy gas

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Brewman 
#1 ·
WHERE TO BUY YOUR USA-GAS, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW. READ ON--
Why didn't George W. think of this? Gas rationing in the 80's worked even though we grumbled about it.

It might even be good for us!

The Saudis are boycotting American goods.

We should return the favor.

An interesting thought is to boycott their GAS.
Every time you fill up the car, you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia.
Just buy from gas companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.

Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill-up the tank, I am sending my money to people who are trying to kill me, my family, and my friends.

I thought it might be interesting for you to know which oil companies are the best to buy gas from and which major companies import Middle Eastern oil.

These companies import Middle Eastern oil:
Shell............................ 205,742,000 barrels
Chevron/Texaco......... 144,332,000 barrels
Exxon /Mobil............... 130,082,000 barrels
Marathon/Speedway... 117,740,000 barrels
Amoco............................62,231,000 barrels
If you do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18 BILLION! (oil is now $55-$60 a barrel)

Here are some large companies that
do not import Middle Eastern oil:

Citgo......................0 barrels
Sunoco...................0 barrels
Conoco..................0 barrels
Sinclair.................0 barrels
BP/Phillips............0 barrels
Hess.......................0 barrels
ARC0.....................0 barrels

All of this information is
available from the Department of Energy
and each is required to state where they get their oil and how much
they are importing.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions
of gas buyers. It's really simple to do.

Now, don't wimp out at this point.... keep reading and I'll
explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I'm sending this note to about thirty people.

If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and

those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) .. and

so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people,

we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers !!!!!!!

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten

friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it ..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Pass it on.

See less See more
#2 ·
BP and Amoco merged about 5 years ago. In this area, all the prior Amoco stations fly the BP logo now. Amoco is listed as using Middle East oil, BP is listed as not using it. I wonder what the current status really is. I also don't konw why BP is listed as "BP/Phillips". BP and Phillips 66 are separate chains out here (Phillips 66 is by far the most predominant of all the chains in this area).

#3 ·
Like much of the suggestions on the internet, this one is old and somewhat lame. :lol:

Not only is the accuracy at issue (I don't know - haven't bothered to try to check those figures) but more importantly the logic is sadly lacking.

At best the non-imported sources of oil provide 40% of consumption. An effective boycott would put us all in competition for a limited amount of oil. Does anybody really doubt that oil prices would go up if we compete for the available self-limited supply?

The most likely outcome of such a boycott, if it could even be accomplished,
would be that as supplies of local oil were depleted the so-called local suppliers would start buying non-local oil to make up the deficit. How would you know? No little Made in the USA tags on the gasoline....

#4 ·
BP bought out Phillips and they also bought out ARCO, they kept the names for marketing purposes in some markets where those names were established but their oil production and refining opeations are all now merged so it's BP no matter what brand name it's sold under.

The fallacy with this stratagy is that you really don't know who refined the gas you are buying. Because all oil companies don't have distribution networks in all areas where they market gas they buy from each other. The truck pulls up to a terminal and fills up the tank with raw gas then adds the additive package for the brand name that is marketing it.

#5 ·
Hoax

Do a little research and you'll find this is a hoax.

http://www.scambusters.org/urban-legend ... rices.html

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/saudigas.asp

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/b ... tt-oil.htm

======================================

Top Five Signs That a Message is a Hoax

The next time that you receive an alarming e-mail calling you to action, look for any of these five telltale characteristics before even thinking about sending it along to anybody else.

URGENT

The e-mail will have a great sense of urgency! You'll usually see a lot of

exclamation points and capitalization. The subject line will typically be something like:

URGENT!!!!!! WARNING!!!!!! IMPORTANT!!!!!! VIRUS ALERT!!!!!!

TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS

There will always be a request that you share this "important" warning by
forwarding the message to everybody in your e-mail address book or to as many people as you possibly can. This is a surefire sign that the message is a hoax.

THIS ISN'T A HOAX

The body of the e-mail will contain some form of corroboration, such as a
pseudoquote from an executive of a major corporation or from a government agency official.

Sometimes the message will include a sincere-sounding premise. For example:

My neighbor, who works for Microsoft, just received this warning so I know it's true. He asked me to pass this along to as many people as I can.

It's all a bunch of baloney. Don't believe it for a second.

Watch for e-mails containing a subtle form of self-corroboration. Statements such as "This is serious!" or "This is not a hoax!" can be deceiving. Just because somebody says it's not a hoax doesn't make it so.

DIRE CONSEQUENCES

The e-mail text will predict dire consequence if you don't act immediately.

The message may inform you that the virus will destroy your hard drive, kill your houseplants, or cause green fuzzy things to grow in your refrigerator.

HISTORY

Look for a lot of >>>> marks in the left margin. These marks indicate that
people suckered by the hoax have forwarded the message countless times before it has reached you.

#8 ·
Buffalo said:
Don't know where my head was when I posted yesterday, BP bought out Amoco and ARCO not Phillips and ARCO. Conoco and Phillips merged.
Yep. That's what I thought. There were issues with that and they were looking at divesting ARCO to complete the Amoco deal. I'm not sure whether they had to do that or not.

The big problem out here is that BP and Phillips own most of the filling stations. The few "no name" convenience mart stations most likely also buy their gas from one or the other. Price fixing is easy for them. We are still at $3.19 a gallon almost everywhere. There is no competition whatsoever in gas prices in this city or the surrounding area.

I think Iowa has a little lower tax on gas, so you can find it for a little less on that side of the river sometimes - but the Phillips stations in some of the Iowa towns are also selling for $3.19. The lack of competition is irritating to say the least.

#11 ·
Snopes does a pretty good job of chasing down this stuff, and can usually back up their claims. If you really scrutinize some of these "Official emails" you can usually tell yourself that something(s) about them just don't add up.

Artnote's post does a good job describing what to look for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.