Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I am going to check my belt, I may as well have one on hand b4 checking it, so.... best place to buy one? (2009 400)

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Don't rule out your main dealer. I was after one for my Honda SH300 only this week. There are dealers selling them on eBay as a pattern part (not original equipment) for £99.99 plus delivery of about £7.00. Out of curiosity I called my local Honda dealer for the price of a genuine Honda belt. I was shocked to find them priced at just £77.00. Not everything on eBay is a bargain!

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
I buy mine from Boulevard Suzuki. They are about 30% less than the local dealer. You could always print off their page and ask the local dealer to match the price.

I buy parts early, trying to plan ahead. The local dealer won't have what you need anyway and will have to order it, the same as an online dealer. I've had a CVT belt on the shelf for a long time. I just measured my belt tonight. With 21000 miles on it, it was 1.008 in. The brand new one was 1.058 in. The minimum is 0.95 in. It looks like I can get some more mileage out of this one. :)

But keep in mind that is only if you have my riding environment. On a trike, you may get more wear on the belt. But it is smart to order one early and have it around if you depend on your bike for day to day transportation.

Chris

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
I pay the extra, if any, to keep my local guy in business.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts