Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I grabbed a speedoDRD s1, but am confused where the access plug is on an 03 an400. Some posts imply behind windshield others under seat.

Also any related diassembly video links would be great.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
14,273 Posts
I had to google speedoDRD to see what it was. It appears it is one of the devices to alter the speed sensor signal going to the speedometer to change the reading. The speed sensor is mounted on the right side of the front axle between the wheel and the fork tube. The wire from it goes up to the instrument cluster panel. You should be able to follow the wire up to find where the first plug is.

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Under the seat is NOT where you will find it!
All speedo related wires and connections are below the windscreen behind the front panel.
2 screws on either side of the windscreen on the dash side will allow you to remove it.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Here is how I did mine:

To gain access you need to remove the fairing at the base of the windscreen:

First remove the two screws to the left and right of the instrument cluster:

Here's a shot of the sensor connector:

The sensor cable is held aside by two rubber-coasted mild steel clamps, bend them back with your fingers to release the cable. the connector is sort of a PITA to get apart, at arm's length with your head twisted around--study the DRD connectors (experiment with connecting and disconnecting them to each other) and you will get a feel for what needs to be done up under the front-end.

The extra wire you see tapped in is so that I could feed either the raw speed sensor or DRD modified signal to the ECU (see below).

Here is how I mounted the DRDSpeedo control, wire tied to the starter cables and accessible by just removing the fairing:

Though I have not had to access the controller since installation (set to -9.1%) I have experimented with feeding the ECU both the raw sensor signal and the processed DRD signal--finding that the processed signal provides the best overall air/fuel ratios, power, and fuel economy...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info/pictures. I'll get this done eventually this season :)

cliffyk said:
Here is how I did mine:

To gain access you need to remove the fairing at the base of the windscreen:

First remove the two screws to the left and right of the instrument cluster:

Here's a shot of the sensor connector:

The sensor cable is held aside by two rubber-coasted mild steel clamps, bend them back with your fingers to release the cable. the connector is sort of a PITA to get apart, at arm's length with your head twisted around--study the DRD connectors (experiment with connecting and disconnecting them to each other) and you will get a feel for what needs to be done up under the front-end.

The extra wire you see tapped in is so that I could feed either the raw speed sensor or DRD modified signal to the ECU (see below).

Here is how I mounted the DRDSpeedo control, wire tied to the starter cables and accessible by just removing the fairing:

Though I have not had to access the controller since installation (set to -9.1%) I have experimented with feeding the ECU both the raw sensor signal and the processed DRD signal--finding that the processed signal provides the best overall air/fuel ratios, power, and fuel economy...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts