Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
It is under the front fairing. If the manual is a factory one look on page 8-18.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Steve how hard is it to get to the horn? I know that it is on the right under the front right panel, but I am trying to replace the horn with a Bad Boy and want to use a relay. I am going to use the relay that comes with it, which means that the wires to the original horn will be used on the relay and a wire will be run from the fuse panel or battery to the relay as well. I think everything is accessible from the right front panel. Getting that panel off is the problem. Also, there will be an inline fuse. I don't know if I should make it easily accessible for changing or not worry about it.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
To get to the horn on mine I had to remove the front fairing. Access is easy once that is out of the way.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
It's been quite a while since I've had mine off but as best I can remember you do not have to remove the windshield. There are a couple of screws at the top but I think you can access them just by removing the cover under the windscreen. I might be wrong though and they might be covered up by the windscreen.

·
Registered
18 Posts
No, I just had all the fairings off my bike and the windshield can stay on. I think you do need to take off the trim shield at the base of the windshield, but I'm positive that you don't have to remove the well-nuts and windshield.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Good to hear. I had to replace all of my well nuts the last time I changed out my windshield, and I don't want to deal with it again. Besides, my new Givi windshield is really big, so finding a place to put it so that it won't get broken isn't going to be easy. I recently took off the trim shield and broke the bottom plastic piece that inserts into the hole to hold the bottom of it in place. I tried to super glue it but it still broke when I tried to reinsert it. Now that I have it all put back together I can only hope it will remain secure when I do ride again.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
I would suggest that you plastic weld it back in place. I've had to do that in several places on both my 400 and 650. You can buy plastic welders, use a soldering iron or do as I do and use an old screwdriver heated with a propane torch. Use scrape ABS plastic or wire ties as the filler material.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
You can do it that way. Melt the joint together like you would if you were welding steel with a gas torch. Add filler from scrap ABS or a wire tie as needed by melting it into the joint. You can then go back and reinforce it by adding more material over the joint if it looks weak. You can even embed pieces of wire into it across the joint for extra strength.

If you use the soldering iron use a old tip as it will likely ruin it for soldering. Heat control is important, get it hot enough to melt together but not so hot that it runs. You might want to practice on some scrap plastic if you have any available.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts