Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new to me 2008 650 is whistling at everyone as I drive down the road. Strange my 2007 never did this. Was wondering if the pressure valve on the tank is cleanable? Was whistling for a couple of seconds every 4-5 minutes. This afternoon it whistled for probably 10 seconds straight. When I opened the fuel cap, there was very little pressure so I'm thinking it's not holding pressure like it should.
So, is there an easy approach to the relief valve?

·
Premium Member
14,279 Posts
First question is are you sure it is the pressure relief valve that is making the sound. I wouldn't call the sound mine make a whistle, more like a moan. Maybe the sound you are hearing is wind traveling through something on the bike. Do you only hear it when the bike is moving?

As for the location of the valve it is on the top of the right frame rail above the CVT. To get to it you are going to have to remove so body work.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
:) Hey, for one is a fart, for another is a moan and for another it could be a whistle...How about a ladylike burp? :clown:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Started as a moan but now she's whistling. I guess she's getting bored. It will do it with the ignition off and will only stop when I release the fuel cap pressure. So it's the relief check valve and it comes from the area just above the rear tire on the right side.

·
Premium Member
14,279 Posts
That would be the right location for the valve. Sounds like you might need to replace it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts